Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer freezing at random times with no warning

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CreatingMayhem

CreatingMayhem

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 AM

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:27 AM

Basically what the title says it started when i got my new case and started to put all my new parts into my new case and ever since then i have been getting this problem

I have tried everything, took it into my local computer shop around 6-7 times with no solution coming from it. From the shop i had many different answers for why it is doing this and any help would be appreciated. All drivers are up to date, its not a overheating issue because it was ruled out many times by the pc shop. I can be doing anything on my pc when this happens its not just when I run a certain program.

Everything has been replaced with new better parts but it is continuing to happen.

Here is a screenshot from Speecy I will happily take more of other windows if needed http://gyazo.com/8a864f2f1cb8f9e7c735e0edba3b09f4

Steps I have taken to try and fix it since it has been happening ( 1 and a half years )

• I have re-installed windows many times
  • Ran both Memory test and Check disk
  • have wiped my pc many times to check if it was a virus
  • Replaced every bit of hard ware (2 power supplies, Onto my 2nd motherboard, 2 graphics cards, a 2nd processor RAM put in, a SSD ( Computer shop thought it would fix it ) 3 Hard Drives and a case
  • This problem has occurred in the computer shop as well so its not an electrical problem in the house
  • I have a genuine copy of windows so there is no virus coming from an illegal copy

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by CreatingMayhem, 03 September 2014 - 07:34 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 PM

Posted 03 September 2014 - 11:29 AM

If you have any overclocks (it looks like you may @4GHz unless that is a 4970k stock speed for the 4770k is 3.5GHz turbo to 3.9GHz) remove the overclocks. Does the computer freeze while running diagnostics? Have you tried running prime 95? That would be something I would recommend as well.

Edited by zingo156, 03 September 2014 - 11:32 AM.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#3 CreatingMayhem

CreatingMayhem
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 AM

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:06 PM

If you have any overclocks (it looks like you may @4GHz unless that is a 4970k stock speed for the 4770k is 3.5GHz turbo to 3.9GHz) remove the overclocks. Does the computer freeze while running diagnostics? Have you tried running prime 95? That would be something I would recommend as well.

I have not overclocked and no it does not freeze when I run diagnostics. I have not I will download and run it and keep you posted

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users