Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Open Office

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Darren De Wilde

Darren De Wilde

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 AM

Posted 06 June 2006 - 10:53 AM

Hey everyone,

Anyone know if it is possible to create a presentation in open office or powerpoint then make an executable file to auto play the presentation. I would like to send the prez on a cd and am sure not every user will be bothered or will not want to download open office, some will not have powerpoint and some will not be comp savvy.
The idea is to run the show once the cd is inserted, or have the user click one exe file to open the show. Open office does not have such a utility and since i do not have powerpoint, would like to figure a way out of making the show as easy to view for all users as possible.

All replies are much appreciated.
Thanks

Darren

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 AM

Posted 06 June 2006 - 12:00 PM

Hi Darren.
You can do it with PP using the "Pack and Go", or later versions, "Package for cd" options.
The system used for viewing does not need to have PP installed.
Create and distribute a self-running PowerPoint presentation
You would need to have PP installed to create it however. :thumbsup:
Do you any burning software installed that will create a video cd, such as NeroVision?
If so, use it to create an mpeg or .avi video file viewable in a browser or dvd\cd player.

Edited by HitSquad, 06 June 2006 - 12:01 PM.

#3 Darren De Wilde

Darren De Wilde
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2006 - 12:28 PM

Dear Hitsquad,

Your too good.
Any idea if nero will create movie using open office impress app?..I do have office 2000 but dont think it comes with powerpoint. I d/loaded open office from Sun and hoped impress would offer the same presentation utils as ppoint. They say open office is a tough match for microsoft.

I do have nero and am hoping for luck.

thanks for the help.
D

#4 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 AM

Posted 06 June 2006 - 01:21 PM

I don't use OpenOffice (use office 2003) but it's my understanding that Impress produces presentations in .swf (shockwave) format. There are users here who use OpenOffice and can tell you more however.
If you have Nero Vision, you simply add your images and any sounds you want to play in your video cd without the need for any other program.
Are you using still images or video to create this presentation?

#5 Darren De Wilde

Darren De Wilde
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2006 - 04:28 PM

I'm using still images and hyperlinks, with a couple of movie clips throughout. Currently there is no sound but I'd like to synchronize it if i could. Of course with that there are copyright infringement issues which I will no doubt adhere to rather than lose to.

If you know anyone who could help me out I would appreciate it rather greatly and thank you for your input. most helpful as always.
Darren

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users