Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is this a good PRE BUILT PC for the price?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 webe123

webe123

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 PM

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:42 PM

PLEASE DON'T SAY BUILD YOUR OWN!

I KNOW you can build one cheaper....but I am wondering if this computer is one of the best pre built gaming PC's you can get for the price.

Some people do not have the skills to "bulid their own PC"  so please take that into consideration.

All I am wanting to know is if there is a better per built out there for this price?  ($879.99 as configured without options)

SPECS:Case:     
ENERMAX Clipeus
Motherboard:     
MSI H81M-E33
Memory:     
8GB [8x1] 1600MHz
Processor:     
Intel Core i5-4570 3.1GHz
Processor Cooling:     
Stock INTEL CPU Cooling Fan with Heatsink
Hard Drive:     
1TB 7200RPM SATA III Hard Drive
Hard Drive 2:     
Graphics Card:     
GeForce 760 2GB
Sound Card:     
Onboard 3D Premium Surround Sound
Ethernet Card:     
Onboard LAN Network 10/100
DVD Drive:     
24X DVDRW Internal Drive
Power Supply:     
500W
Operating System:     
Windows 8.1 64bit
Keyboard:     
Basic USB Keyboard
Mouse:     
Basic USB Mouse
Warranty:     
Standard Three Year Limited Warranty (3 Years Labor, 1 Year Parts and Life-Time Technical Support*)

And here is a link to the PC in question....

http://avatargamingpc.com/gaming-desktop/inteldesktops/clipeus-i5-4576.html

Edited by webe123, 02 September 2014 - 07:20 PM.
Moved from System Building to Buying New - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zerue

Zerue

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 PM

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:47 PM

Please include the models and brands that comes with the pre-built pc. They may have chosen some cheap parts that may hurt your system on the long run especially the PSU.

PSUs are the heart of your built so if they put a cheap/fake one there, you are just throwing money down the drain.

Also, the GTX 760 are reference cards? you can get better performance using the non-reference ones (asus/msi/gigabyte etc).

That CPU is not unlocked and the motherboard is not overclocking ready.

No aftermarket coolers.

Case looks like it has terrible airflow.

Windows 8.1 is not worth it IMHO, they even stopped giving updates for that.

DVD drives are not worth the extra cash unless you plan to use it frequently.

RAM will perform better using 4x2 config (vs the 8x1)

My take on this PC? Not worth it, in every corner of the build. Build your own lol. If you want i could help you.

If I am helping you but failed to reply within 24 hours, send me a PM.

------------------------------------

Please read these guides:

Before you post a problem

Provide system specifications

Advice on building your system

#3 webe123

webe123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:35 AM

Dude I am NOT building my OWN! I  have already stated that.

#4 synergy513

synergy513

• BC Advisor
  • 1,057 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2014 - 08:54 AM

that looks like a very capable PC bundle. as stated above, the bundles usually have the power supply budget compromised, so, in effect, be prepared to get yourself one of those  corsair 750 watt getups like these (preferrably modular):

http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/power-supply/#m=11&W=750,800&sort=a9

a bright side to the bundled PC configs is that your OS isn't another $100 expense....so it is a trade off of sorts..

Moore's Law : 4d Graph in Progress

#5 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,157 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 AM

Posted 03 September 2014 - 10:07 AM

Not quite.  I think you might be getting confused.  If you are running 8.1 and haven't patched it to "Update 1" level then security updates are discontinued, but if your system is updated then it will continue to get updates.

Link - http://winsupersite.com/windows-8/microsoft-extends-windows-81-update-1-install-deadline-30-days-0

7sbvuf-6.png

#6 ihavanswer

ihavanswer

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 AM

Posted 03 September 2014 - 03:08 PM

Just another opinion, comparing these specifications to other pre-built computers, it is a very good system.  It uses a current series processor and a dedicated graphics card, has a fast hard drive (in terms of RPM-dont know the cache or brand), and it seems to be well balanced.  Compared to customs I dont think it would score very high, but it is enough to keep up with modern games, probably not on ultra, but things should look good. :)

The price is right for what you get although, as previously mentioned, I wouldnt expect the PSU to last very long.

#7 synergy513

synergy513

• BC Advisor
  • 1,057 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2014 - 04:12 PM

yes, just the processor and video card look to be around $500 combined just to start with.

so, that figure is about right for a new PC bundle of that caliber.

Edited by synergy513, 03 September 2014 - 04:13 PM.

Moore's Law : 4d Graph in Progress

#8 Zerue

Zerue

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  

Posted 04 September 2014 - 03:48 AM

Not quite.  I think you might be getting confused.  If you are running 8.1 and haven't patched it to "Update 1" level then security updates are discontinued, but if your system is updated then it will continue to get updates.

Link - http://winsupersite.com/windows-8/microsoft-extends-windows-81-update-1-install-deadline-30-days-0

I think i did not make myself clear, sorry. I meant the Windows 8.1 update 2 is no more. however smaller monthly updates will continue. 

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2014/08/05/august-updates-for-windows-8-1-and-windows-server-2012-r2/

http://www.techradar.com/news/software/operating-systems/no-windows-8-1-update-2-coming-says-microsoft-1260666

Dude I am NOT building my OWN! I  have already stated that.

and to OP, Sorry but i would rather pick the parts myself and KNOW what im putting inside my system. Rather than having a broken part later on because your bundled pc is made of cheap/generic products. Think of it this way :

Why wouldnt they include the part-per-part specifics? If those were branded parts i would include them to the specs list to attract buyers.

Would they sell you high quality products on a low price? Dont think so.

But hey, that's your money. I'm just stating things that you might have overlooked. 

#9 webe123

webe123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 04 September 2014 - 11:43 PM

and to OP, Sorry but i would rather pick the parts myself and KNOW what im putting inside my system. Rather than having a broken part later on because your bundled pc is made of cheap/generic products. Think of it this way :

Why wouldnt they include the part-per-part specifics? If those were branded parts i would include them to the specs list to attract buyers.

Would they sell you high quality products on a low price? Dont think so.

But hey, that's your money. I'm just stating things that you might have overlooked. 

Well you seem to have a BIAS already against this system for some reason. I do not know why, but a lot of people on the board disagree with you....so you are in the minority on this subject!

1.As far as part per part specifics?

Motherboard: Memory:
8GB [8x1] 1600MHz
Processor: Processor Cooling:
Hard Drive:
Hard Drive 2:

Graphics Card: Sound Card:
Ethernet Card:
DVD Drive:
24X DVDRW Internal Drive
Power Supply:
500W
Operating System: Keyboard:
Basic USB Keyboard
Mouse:
Basic USB Mouse
Warranty:

FROM A VERFIED PURCHASER ON AMAZON.COM:

Verified Purchase

I just received this computer today, I was wondering which manufacturers were used to supply the internal parts, so I thought I would include that in this early review. The motherboard is an MSI motherboard utilizing the H81 chipset, Model #H81m-e33. The video card is a Zotac GTX 760 card, and the hard drive is your standard Western Digital Blue. The power supply I received in this computer is an Enermax NAXN 550w. The 8gb of ram included were G.Skill Ripjaw, Red in color. The optical drive included in this computer is an LG Internal Super Multi Drive, Model #GH24NSB

If THAT is not enough for you, then go and build your own! But for most people...it would be!

Edited by webe123, 04 September 2014 - 11:49 PM.

#10 Zerue

Zerue

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2014 - 06:29 AM

Well you seem to have a BIAS already against this system for some reason. I do not know why, but a lot of people on the board disagree with you....so you are in the minority on this subject!

1.As far as part per part specifics?

Motherboard: Memory:
8GB [8x1] 1600MHz
Processor: Processor Cooling:
Hard Drive:
Hard Drive 2:

Graphics Card: Sound Card:
Ethernet Card:
DVD Drive:
24X DVDRW Internal Drive
Power Supply:
500W
Operating System: Keyboard:
Basic USB Keyboard
Mouse:
Basic USB Mouse
Warranty:

FROM A VERFIED PURCHASER ON AMAZON.COM:

Verified Purchase

I just received this computer today, I was wondering which manufacturers were used to supply the internal parts, so I thought I would include that in this early review. The motherboard is an MSI motherboard utilizing the H81 chipset, Model #H81m-e33. The video card is a Zotac GTX 760 card, and the hard drive is your standard Western Digital Blue. The power supply I received in this computer is an Enermax NAXN 550w. The 8gb of ram included were G.Skill Ripjaw, Red in color. The optical drive included in this computer is an LG Internal Super Multi Drive, Model #GH24NSB

If THAT is not enough for you, then go and build your own! But for most people...it would be!

Hi, just so you know, being the minority is not the issue here. These forums exist to help those who are asking for help. And I don't think they disagree with me anyway. 

as stated above, the bundles usually have the power supply budget compromised, so, in effect, be prepared to get yourself one of those  corsair 750 watt getups like these (preferrably modular)

--------------------

Second. I was asking for the part per part specifics including the brands and the models of the hardware. Why? Because we must admit, some brands are cheap, and they are cheap for a reason. 

Third. Call it bias if you want to, but like I said, I would rather secure myself with new and branded parts that would last me for years. If you are getting a pre-bundled one, are you sure those parts are not just refurbished? But like I said earlier, these are MY take on the subject I am just suggesting things that you MIGHT have overlooked.

Finally, pre-built PCs are generally not bad if you are not comfortable with building your own then be my guest. But next time please do not ask this.

All I am wanting to know is if there is a better per built out there for this price?  ($879.99 as configured without options)

It confuses some people. I did. Cause i could sure make a way better build with that amount or even less.

Again, I am not forcing you to build your own PC, I never did. I am just letting you know that there are better options out there. Also, I am just looking out for your budget. I think you deserve a better PC with that amount of cash. I dont want you to spend that much money and get upset because of a cheap part somewhere. But if that didn't come across then I'm sorry. 

Apologies for the wall of text. I just want to clear things up. Cheers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users