Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ATI Background Programs

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MeCarbinol

MeCarbinol

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 PM

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:47 PM

I recently acquired 3 programs that tie up resources.  They are ccc.exe, mom.exe, and atiedxx.exe.  They are not listed under Add/Remove Programs.   It does list ATI Catalyst Install Manager.  I don't think I need any of the services this program suite is supposed to provide.  What can I do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 rockysosua

rockysosua

• Members
  • 772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 PM

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:22 PM

Stop them in Services if they appear there, changing their auto status to manual.

Then open msconfig and remove them from start up.

Those would be the conventional places to deal with the issue but if you are unable to stop them that way, pls advise.

All is well in Paradise.

#3 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,161 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 PM

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:50 PM

atiedxx.exe, mom.exe and ccc.exe are all processes used by your ATI Catalyst Control Center. atiedxx.exe allows you to set up hot keys with CCC, while the other two processes are part of CCC itself. If you go to Control Panel>Programs, select the ATI Catalyst Install Manager and click Change. You can then uninstall the ATI software components you don't want or need.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,818 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 PM

Posted 03 September 2014 - 10:15 AM

You don't even need to install the CCC, if you don't want or don't use it.

I don't install it, I just install the driver itself and disregard all the fluff provided by AMD/ATI for gamers (I am not a gamer).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users