Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

`Laptop screen randomly turns grey with static

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cpdion

cpdion

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 AM

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:40 PM

So, one day my brother was getting on the computer and the computer screen was grey with static and the images were to blurry to see. My brother just recovered the computer to an earlier time and it went back to normal. Yesterday, it happened to my sister. She started the computer up and it was grey with static and etc. She had to re-start it 2 times for it to come back to normal. It was like the computer screen was cut in half by static and it was lagging a lot. I don't know what is really happening, I did search up a few things are nobody said they had the same problem as me. The computer rarely gets dropped and it hasn't happened in a while. I'm just scared that it will happen again and no matter how many times I recover it, it will never be the same. I really want to know how serious the problem is.

Computer Specs:

• Model: Inspiron 5720
  • Processor: Intel® Core™ i3-2730M CPU @ 2.40GHz
  • RAM: 6.00GB
  • Graphics: Intel(HD) Graphics 3000
  • System Type: 64 Bit

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,212 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 AM

Posted 07 September 2014 - 06:04 PM

The computer rarely gets dropped

They are not supposed to get dropped at all !  Given this, it is possible either the video card has become dislodged in it's mounting or possibly your RAM chips have been disconnected. i would take the back off and have a look.

Here is a selection of videos on dismantling the Inspiron 5720 - have a look before you start to do it yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Dell++Inspiron+5720+dismantle

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users