Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Power switch on back of case snapped off.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Bahamut5098

Bahamut5098

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 AM

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:11 PM

Okay, so I just recently moved to a different city and when I set up my computer, I noticed the ON/OFF switch on the back of my case for the CPU had snapped off. I believe it was in the OFF position when I was moving. 

Is there any way to push something back into the ON position without the flip switch? Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 PM

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:33 PM

Those switch/power connector assembles usually have an integral fuse.  The switch is energized with 110 volts AC, don't do anything but replace it.  Don't stick anything in the open area to try and move any parts.  This voltage is lethal, don't mess with fate.

#3 Guest_Joe C_*

Guest_Joe C_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:40 AM

If you can solder, you might be able to rob a switch off an old psu and install it onto your psu, the wiring to the switch is normally soldered on so you'll need to de-solder the old switch, pop it off the psu case and solder the new switch the wiring

Edited by Joe C, 03 September 2014 - 09:40 AM.

#4 Bahamut5098

Bahamut5098
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2014 - 10:07 AM

I ordered a new one :D Newegg had a deal for a nice PSU going for $60 with a $25 rebate. I'd rather not mess with the interior components.

#5 Guest_Joe C_*

Guest_Joe C_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 03 September 2014 - 10:08 AM

yup...most peeps do not solder and I think it's a good idea to get a new one....

What brand name did you get?

#6 Bahamut5098

Bahamut5098
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 AM

Posted 03 September 2014 - 11:40 AM

XFX. I believe it is made by Seasonic, so it should be solid.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users