Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cant boot windows 7 64bit trough grub

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 JustIvan

JustIvan

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2014 - 12:41 PM

I have used spyhunter without knowing its actual quality and now i cant use my pc, since my knowelage of commads in grub is none i would apreciate help.

Edited by hamluis, 02 September 2014 - 12:48 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,199 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 AM

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:56 PM

Hello, and Welcome,

Is this a dual boot system? If it is you can try to repair grub automatically. Download the Boot-Repair iso, burn the image. Boot the computer and then select Recommended Repair.

#3 JustIvan

JustIvan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:42 AM

Hmm i dont know if its dual or not since i wasnt araund when evrything got instaled. Hmm also i dont have second pc so i might have problem with geting the program but still thanks for advice.

Edited by JustIvan, 03 September 2014 - 01:44 AM.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,199 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:19 AM

You were talking about Grub which is used by linux as a boot manager so I assumed you also had linux on the computer. What happens when you try to boot. Can you access safe mode by pressing F8 at boot?

#5 JustIvan

JustIvan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2014 - 08:53 AM

My knowelage on booting is not very large so...
When i start my pc it dosent show windows loading it takes me directly to screen with bunch of werbs on it that dont mean anything to me,so i pres enter couple times and it takes me to screen with grub> i tried command boot but it says error 8 : kernel must be loaded before booting so im wondering if i can start my pc manualy.

Edited by JustIvan, 03 September 2014 - 09:08 AM.

#6 JustIvan

JustIvan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2014 - 03:12 PM

Yay fixed it thanks for advices anyway.

#7 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,199 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2014 - 03:38 PM

Great. Can you post on how you fixed it. It may help other people with the same problem. Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users