Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

installing quick basic in ubuntu

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Pedr

Pedr

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 AM

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:38 AM

I have tried to install qbasic in ubuntu 14.04 I downloaded QB64 and extracted all files . I then opened a terminal and tried to run setup-lnx.sh. After a lot of activity in the terminal the process ends with

[It appears that the qb64 executable file was not created, this is usually an indication of a compile failure (You probably saw lots of error messages pop up on the screen) Usually these are due to missing packages needed for compilation. If you're not running a distro supported by this compiler, please note you will need to install the packages listed above.]

The site from which I obtained qb64 says it will run on most linux distros. I should be grateful for any help

Peter

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Al1000

Al1000

• Global Moderator
  • 7,969 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 AM

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:33 AM

:welcome:

If this is a Windows program, you will need an emulator to run it on. There should be at least two emulators than you can install either through the Ubuntu software centre or the terminal. Search the software centre for ''dos emulator'' and you should find ''DOSBox'' and ''dosemu,'' and you can install either by clicking on the relevant button in the software centre, or typing in a terminal:

sudo apt-get install dosbox
...replacing ''doxbox'' with ''dosmu'' if you decide to go for that one.

It's fairly common for software to require additional packages, and installing through either the software centre or the terminal ensures they will also be installed automatically.

Edited by Al1000, 02 September 2014 - 09:34 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users