Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Limit Colour Printing

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DannyBroadhurst

DannyBroadhurst

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 PM

Posted 02 September 2014 - 07:43 AM

We have 1 colour printer in the whole company.
We have been asked by the FD to restrict/Make it hard to print colour prints.

We have had cases of people printing colour for one line of red text. so would like to make it real hard to print colour.

I can make the default black and white but people wont change it if they actually need colour. I wondered if there was a way I can display a message saying: "You are about to print in colour are you sure you want to?"

Any help is much appreciated!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 PM

Posted 04 September 2014 - 05:10 PM

What kind of printer is it? Most modern printers you can assign a user code that allows them to print in color. Without the code the only get black and white.

Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users