Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PROBLEMS USING HDMI +VGA FOR DUAL SCREEN

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cdj2k10

cdj2k10

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 AM

Posted 02 September 2014 - 07:29 AM

i got a different graphics card for my pc and to use a dual screen set up , i had to buy a HDMI cable due to the card only having 1 dvi and 1 hdmi port. for the dmi i use a vga conversion , when i plugged in my hdmi cable to my card the resolution for the connected screen looks really low, even though it says its 1920x1080p , while my vga connected screen is perfect. i done a couple of searches to try and fix this problem and found a couple of things to try , none of them worked though. i tryed to change the pixel format , nothing happened. another thing that occured too was that there was an inch boarder around my screen, which i kind of fixed with image scaling in AMD Catalyst Control Center .

really need help to fix the resolution , thanks in advance 

my graphics card is an ATI AMD Radeon HD 5670

another thing that keeps happening is the screen keeps flashing, either when i open a new tab or type something.

Edited by cdj2k10, 02 September 2014 - 07:46 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 old rocker

old rocker

• Members
  • 476 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 PM

Posted 02 September 2014 - 07:59 AM

Does your current Power Supply meet or exceed the minimum recommendations?

http://support.amd.com/en-us/recommended/power-supplies

Expand the footnotes section and read #9. You may have to toy with customization.

http://www.amd.com/en-us/products/graphics/desktop/5000/5670#

Another consideration is try a different HDMI cable. Not all DMI cables are the same.

By that I mean... Cost does not play a factor but Quality od Construction really do!

http://www.hifipage.com/do-quality-hdmi-cables-make-a-difference-241/

#3 cdj2k10

cdj2k10
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:51 AM

im going to try a HDMI to VGA converter , hopefully that will fix it. tryed your links but still couldnt fix it :-/ , thanks anyway , all help is welcome (Y)

the power supply is a generic 750w btw.

#4 cdj2k10

cdj2k10
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2014 - 07:49 AM

got the problem fixed, i bought a hdmi to vga converter (originally tryed to use a hdmi to vga cable) . now my problem is that 1 of my screens flicker every now and then, tryed changing refresh rates to see if it fixed it but it didnt :-/ .

i watched a youtube vid and there was something about flashing the vbios, but im not sure if i should do this. anyone got ideas on what else i could do to try and fix it?

#5 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 AM

Posted 08 September 2014 - 07:19 PM

Your problem could be similar to this thread but of different hardware setup.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users