Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Hello from trepidation and fear.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_PhoenixRisen_*

Guest_PhoenixRisen_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:37 AM

I am so unfamiliar with Window 8 although I have been using it for two years ans it has been abusing me for the same period of time. I hope to become more familiar with the navigation of this system before I ramble on.

Therefore: Hello, Goodbye. Please be patient and Thank You all.   :smash: 

PhoenixRisen

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,712 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2014 - 07:08 AM

Hello Phoenix and Welcome to Bleeping Computer! We are friendly and relaxed here, so feel free to join in anytime.

As far as being abused by Windows, you are not alone in your misery. If you have Windows 8.0 and are confused by the interface and trying to find your way around in it,  you might consider upgrading to Windows 8.1; at least you will get Explorer back again. Then, go Here and download and install Start 8, and that will give you back your Start button. Then Windows 8 should become far more manageable and will boot to a desktop screen similar to XP or Windows 7. It will be the best $5 you ever spent.

Edited by ranchhand_, 02 September 2014 - 07:10 AM.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#3 Guest_PhoenixRisen_*

Guest_PhoenixRisen_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:52 PM

Thanks for the advice Ranch-hand. I know it was given with the very best of intentions, but unfortunately, it does not seem to be working for me. The B******S at Microsoft seem very adept at upgrading even 8.0 to newer and newer versions. I think they have me on 8.0.3.5.6.7.8.99.infinity. There is still the flamethrower option, and that one is seeming less extreme as this goes into it's 104 day of endless error. :flamethrower:  :killcomp:    

#4 Winterland

Winterland

• Members
  • 995 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 AM

Posted 04 September 2014 - 06:18 AM

Hello there PhoenixRisen.

Just wanted to say "hello" and "welcome" also and put in a suggestion for Classic Shell to help with *some* of the problems you've been having with Win8.

I helped a lot of folks in the past year and have used both the Star Dock Start 8 program (well worth the $5 bucks) as well as the Classic Shell and they both work well, but the Classic Shell is free and I've yet to have anyone complain about it once it's been installed.

On the other hand, there still is the flame thrower option... :flame:

See you in the Forums.

Winterland

Photobucket removed my cool flag - idiots!

Every calculation based on experience elsewhere fails in New Mexico.

#5 Guest_PhoenixRisen_*

Guest_PhoenixRisen_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 05 September 2014 - 12:31 PM

I have tried both Classic Shell and Stardock Start 8. Nice Avatar, by the way. I can not even figure that much out. Doh! We will stick with this guy  :flame:

#6 Guest_PhoenixRisen_*

Guest_PhoenixRisen_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:29 PM

How do I contact the malware software team? I tried to do so by following instructions in this post, but it said I am not allowed.

• photo-807707.gif?_r=1363742075
  • Malware Response Team
  • 1,497 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 PM

Posted Today, 03:13 PM

Hi there,

your computer is still infected.
Please run a FRST scan:

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.
  • Start FRST with administator privileges.
  • Make sure the option Addition.txt is checked and press the Scan button.
  • When finished, FRST will produce two logs (FRST.txt and Addition.txt) in the same directory the tool was run from.
  • Please copy and paste these logs in your next reply.

#7 GB2064

GB2064

• Members
  • 947 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2014 - 03:37 PM

If you are seeking help from the Malware Response Team you can post at this link.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/

Edited by GB2064, 05 September 2014 - 03:40 PM.

#8 Guest_PhoenixRisen_*

Guest_PhoenixRisen_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 05 September 2014 - 05:52 PM

If you are seeking help from the Malware Response Team you can post at this link.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/

Thanks. I will just as soon wait my turn as I am aware of how busy and sometimes irritated a Senior Admin can get with a Noobie. I do notice you live in Pittsburgh, just 30-40 minutes from me! It must be these southwestern PA hills bouncing our signals all around. :bounce:  

#9 GB2064

GB2064

• Members
  • 947 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 AM

Posted 06 September 2014 - 04:38 PM

Hi neighbor!      :thumbup2:

#10 Guest_PhoenixRisen_*

Guest_PhoenixRisen_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 06 September 2014 - 04:55 PM

Hi neighbor!      :thumbup2:

And a hearty Hi Neighbor back atcha. Your expertise in Malware is evidenced by your many posts on the subject.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users