Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Samsung NP270E5E - No Boot Devices other than network

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Anders Computing

Anders Computing

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 AM

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:17 AM

Good day,

I got a problem with a Samsung NP270E5E laptop.

O/S: Windows 8

Bios problem! The only available device toboot tois the network.

Even if secure boot is disabled it only gives you the choise of network to boot to.

Tried a new harddisk, but it will  ot boot to anything else than then network.

Any other sugestions, as USB device alos not bootable.

The SATA controller pick them up, ad they registar on the CMOS, but not available for boot to.

Reset everything, even took out the cmos battery, and wow that was a story as you hve to disassemble the complete laptop as the batery is under the motherboard.

No luck,

What could have gone wrong?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,007 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 PM

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:37 AM

If you boot into the BIOS enter the boot order you should see your hdd.  If you don't there usually will be a problem with the hdd or its connection.

The other possibility would be that you need to replace the CMOS battery.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Anders Computing

Anders Computing
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:13 PM

Yes I can see the hard disk in cmos, and I did replace the battery as well, was a uge story as it is on the reversed side of the mboard so had to strip the laptop tothe bone, nothing resolved the problem. Still only boot device is the network!

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,007 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 PM

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:51 AM

Are you sure you are looking at the boot order.

You can view images of different versions of the BIOS boot order here.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 Anders Computing

Anders Computing
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2014 - 11:20 PM

Hey Sir,

I'm not a newby with PC's, Have my own Company since 1997! If you read my initial post, you should see exactly that what you suggest is not available.

I need something to boot to network to reload Bios or something strange like that, as there is no other boor devices than network available!

I don't know f the client who's PC it is maybe did a bios update that went wrong, and or is the MBoard just a poor one that went BAD!

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,627 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 PM

Posted 04 September 2014 - 09:52 AM

Besides disabling Secure Boot, disable Fast Boot which I believe is under Advanced. Also enable CSM or legacy mode. Save the settings. Enter your CMOS settings again. Enabling CSM may get your boot devices back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users