Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

iheartRadio Won't Work in XP Home

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 6,330 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 PM

Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:54 PM

I am using Linux Mint but when I am doing maintenance in XP I like some entertainment.  I am using Google Chrome and turned off all security extensions because Ghostery would not allow it to run in linux.  Here is the station that I am listening to:  http://www.iheart.com/live/943-FM-WZZR-725/?cid=main.html&pname=2134&campid=play_bar&autoplay=true

If anyone else is having or has any ideas I would love to hear them.  I am guessing it is a simple fix but I am lost as it usually works fine.  Don't know what I did to break it if anything.

Edit: Moved topic from Windows XP to the more appropriate forum.~ Animal

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,330 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:16 PM

I believe that is something to do with my O.S. as it works in Linux.  It will not work in Firefox either in my XP O.S.  That is why I posted it there.  Good enough.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

#3 sdfox 7

sdfox 7

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 PM

Posted 02 September 2014 - 12:09 AM

I just verified it works fine on my XP SP3 ThinkPad. Firefox 31 and Google Chrome 37. Perhaps your Flash plugins are outdated. iHeart requires up to date browsers and plugins:

http://help.iheart.com/customer/portal/articles/206952-troubleshooting-browser-issues-with-iheartradio

IBM ThinkPad 600E 2645-8AU (Win98), T23 2647-4MU (Win2000), T41 2373-7FU (WinXP)
My name is Stephen Fox. I am a '18 BBA and '20 MBA student at WCSU.
Disable Google Chrome End of Support Infobar on Windows XP/Vista

#4 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,330 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2014 - 12:27 AM

sdfox 7, boy I wish I knew.  My avast keeps all that up to date as far as I know.  I will look into it and read that link.

Edited by pcpunk, 02 September 2014 - 12:27 AM.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

#5 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,330 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:43 PM

sdfox 7, I got it, you were right, the browser was out of date.  I guess with XP it is not keeping up with things as it should, and it took a long time to update perhaps I was way behind.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

#6 sdfox 7

sdfox 7

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 PM

Posted 06 September 2014 - 10:55 PM

Internet Explorer (all versions 6 through 8) is no longer supported or updated on Windows XP. The final version came out 5 years ago. Has nothing to do with XP keeping things up to date,

With XP's end of support you should be running Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera.

Edited by sdfox 7, 06 September 2014 - 10:58 PM.

#7 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,330 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2014 - 12:46 PM

I was saying that my xp install was not keeping up on things, what I meant really was Google Chrome, or really any browser in xp as I don't use it much.  Now I know why, I did a system restore recently, that must have been it.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users