Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

need advice on yahoo and ebay

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 millipede

millipede

• Members
  • 604 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 AM

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:43 PM

A few months ago, my wife discovered she could no longer log into her yahoo account.  This was upsetting to say the least.  She used it for a LOT of websites including ebay.  We tried for quite a while to figure it out and had no luck. 
One problem was the security setup was to just send an email to an alternate email...  The problem with that was that she no longer had that other email address.  And, there was NO other option to reset the password.  (We tried every password she's ever used, her account must have been compromised)
She tried calling... waited FOREVER and still never got through... 
She FINALLY contacted them in some manner where they told her to wait...  she's been waiting a few days at least.  Seems a LOT of people had issues like this... Possibly due to the security problems sites were having not long ago.

During this time, she's not able to get into ebay either... 
She is on the phone with ebay now(miracle she has a person) trying to work through that.  At first it was just automated and they sent her an email... which does no good.  We'll see if this person on the phone can help her with that..... 
She's SO upset right now... computers can be so frustrating...  that stuff brings her to tears sometimes... :(

She has, in the meantime, created another yahoo account...  If things work out with ebay... IF...  maybe things will be okay with just using the newer yahoo email... 

Anyway....  I feel like I'm missing something here... ha...
While we're trying to figure this out, I figured it wouldn't hurt to see if anyone had any advice about the situation...  Or, has this happened to you?
Technology is great isn't it?  :smash:

Edit:  Ebay seemed helpful on the phone...   But they sent her a single use PIN(only 4 digits, odd) and when she tried to sign in with that... it said it was wrong.  hmmm
Edit:  She called ebay again and she has that straightened out now.  Yay...  If only yahoo were that simple. 

Edited by millipede, 01 September 2014 - 05:08 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 badr0b0t

badr0b0t

• Members
  • 328 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 AM

Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:35 PM

A few months ago, my wife discovered she could no longer log into her yahoo account.  This was upsetting to say the least.  She used it for a LOT of websites including ebay.  We tried for quite a while to figure it out and had no luck. 
One problem was the security setup was to just send an email to an alternate email...  The problem with that was that she no longer had that other email address.  And, there was NO other option to reset the password.  (We tried every password she's ever used, her account must have been compromised)
She tried calling... waited FOREVER and still never got through... 
She FINALLY contacted them in some manner where they told her to wait...  she's been waiting a few days at least.  Seems a LOT of people had issues like this... Possibly due to the security problems sites were having not long ago.

During this time, she's not able to get into ebay either... 
She is on the phone with ebay now(miracle she has a person) trying to work through that.  At first it was just automated and they sent her an email... which does no good.  We'll see if this person on the phone can help her with that..... 
She's SO upset right now... computers can be so frustrating...  that stuff brings her to tears sometimes... :(

She has, in the meantime, created another yahoo account...  If things work out with ebay... IF...  maybe things will be okay with just using the newer yahoo email... 

Anyway....  I feel like I'm missing something here... ha...
While we're trying to figure this out, I figured it wouldn't hurt to see if anyone had any advice about the situation...  Or, has this happened to you?
Technology is great isn't it?  :smash:

Edit:  Ebay seemed helpful on the phone...   But they sent her a single use PIN(only 4 digits, odd) and when she tried to sign in with that... it said it was wrong.  hmmm
Edit:  She called ebay again and she has that straightened out now.  Yay...  If only yahoo were that simple. 

You really can't expect it be easy. Both companies are just trying to protect you. There are may ways to retrieve an email account besides using alternate email. You may want to take advantage of those options. Good thing your wife got it sorted out. 

sig07.gif?psid=1

(Click sig to enlarge.)                                                    

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users