Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ReOfferCampaign.exe has encountered a problem....

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 hunnybunny

hunnybunny

• Members
  • 196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 AM

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:41 PM

Windows XP Pro
MBAM
AVG
Spywareblaster

AVG has been giving me the message: "ReOfferCampaign.exe has encountered a problem..."
Have scanned with MBAM, AVG & nothing detected after running AdwCleaner and Junkware Removal Tool.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 PM

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:40 PM

Hello -

This is from your AVG (free?) Antivirus program.

ROC_roc_dec12.exe is digitally signed by AVG Technologies.
ROC_roc_dec12.exe is usually located in the 'C:\Program Files\AVG Secure Search\' folder.
None of the anti-virus scanners at VirusTotal reports anything malicious about ROC_roc_dec12.exe.
ROC_roc_dec12.exe file information
The process known as ReOfferCampaign.exe belongs to software AVG Security Toolbar or ReOfferCampaign.exe by AVG Technologies (www.freeavg.com).
AVG Technologies
It is set to automatically start when a user logs into Windows via the current user run registry key under the display name ‘AVG-Secure-Search-Update_1013b’. This is installed with AVG SafeGuard toolbar.
roc_roc_ssl, also known as ReOfferCampaign (roc) is bundled with AVG Secure Search, a toolbar, that is installed in many cases through third party bundled installations,

There are many other posts that I can quote from, and they are all 99% the same ..................

I currently use a Toolbar remover from Avast for these, but the listing has gone missing - Back soon unless another person has similar tools -

Thank You -

#3 hunnybunny

hunnybunny
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 196 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:02 PM

Hello -

This is from your AVG (free?) Antivirus program.

ROC_roc_dec12.exe is digitally signed by AVG Technologies.
ROC_roc_dec12.exe is usually located in the 'C:\Program Files\AVG Secure Search\' folder.
None of the anti-virus scanners at VirusTotal reports anything malicious about ROC_roc_dec12.exe.
The process known as ReOfferCampaign.exe belongs to software AVG Security Toolbar or ReOfferCampaign.exe by AVG Technologies (www.freeavg.com).
AVG Technologies
It is set to automatically start when a user logs into Windows via the current user run registry key under the display name ‘AVG-Secure-Search-Update_1013b’. This is installed with AVG SafeGuard toolbar.
roc_roc_ssl, also known as ReOfferCampaign (roc) is bundled with AVG Secure Search, a toolbar, that is installed in many cases through third party bundled installations,

There are many other posts that I can quote from, and they are all 99% the same ..................

I currently use a Toolbar remover from Avast for these, but the listing has gone missing - Back soon unless another person has similar tools -

Thank You -

Hello noknojon --  I've had the AVG free version for about 8 months, but only in the last few days have been receiving these notifications.

Can you or anyone suggest a way to eliminate this annoyance?

Thank you.

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:00 PM

Hi Hun-Bun .... (sorry but the shop was a bit slow)

Avast Browser Cleanup to remove unwanted toolbars
Double click on “avast-browser-cleanup. to start the application, if you receive a message of User Account Control, click Yes to continue.

Clean - up Tool The 3 simple steps should open for you - A round Orange icon can be left on your desktop ............

Regards -

#5 hunnybunny

hunnybunny
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 196 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:47 AM

Hi Hun-Bun .... (sorry but the shop was a bit slow)

Avast Browser Cleanup to remove unwanted toolbars
Double click on “avast-browser-cleanup. to start the application, if you receive a message of User Account Control, click Yes to continue.

Clean - up Tool The 3 simple steps should open for you - A round Orange icon can be left on your desktop ............

Regards -

The Avast browser cleanup can clean up AVG unwanted toolbars?

#6 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:24 PM

Description: ROC_roc_dec12.exe is not essential for the Windows OS and causes relatively few problems. The file ROC_roc_dec12.exe is located in a subfolder of "C:\Program Files". The file size on Windows 7/XP is 928,096 bytes. space.gif 
There is no information about the author of the file. The file is a Verisign signed file. The file has a digital signature. The process starts upon Windows startup (see Registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run). The ROC_roc_dec12.exe file is not a Windows core file. ROC_roc_dec12.exe is able to record inputs. Therefore the technical security rating is 20% dangerous, however also read the users reviews.

You have the option to visit the www.avg.com website or uninstall the software AVG Technologies or AVG Security Toolbar using the "Add or Remove Programs" function of Windows Control Panel (Windows: Start, Settings, Control Panel, Add or Remove Programs).

I will admit that this is a direct quote copied from files.net so you will understand it - EDITED to add this line -

Edited by noknojon, 02 September 2014 - 06:35 PM.

#7 hunnybunny

hunnybunny
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 196 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2014 - 02:06 PM

Description: ROC_roc_dec12.exe is not essential for the Windows OS and causes relatively few problems. The file ROC_roc_dec12.exe is located in a subfolder of "C:\Program Files". The file size on Windows 7/XP is 928,096 bytes. space.gif 
There is no information about the author of the file. The file is a Verisign signed file. The file has a digital signature. The process starts upon Windows startup (see Registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run). The ROC_roc_dec12.exe file is not a Windows core file. ROC_roc_dec12.exe is able to record inputs. Therefore the technical security rating is 20% dangerous, however also read the users reviews.

You have the option to visit the www.avg.com website or uninstall the software AVG Technologies or AVG Security Toolbar using the "Add or Remove Programs" function of Windows Control Panel (Windows: Start, Settings, Control Panel, Add or Remove Programs).

I will admit that this is a direct quote copied from files.net so you will understand it - EDITED to add this line -

I found the ReOfferCampaign.exe folder in my files -- would it be safe to just delete it from there?

#8 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2014 - 06:59 PM

You can kill ReOfferCampaign.exe any where / any time -

Thank You -

Like I said earlier "It is a Browser Add-On from AVG"..........

EDIT - No need to quote me each time in your posts, as I do know what I have posted.

If you are not sure, use the More Reply Options button at the bottom................

To quote a single line (or 2) Highlight the line and press Ctrl + C Copy them in the new post click Ctrl + V Paste.

Next highlight it and press the Speech bubble above to make a quote as below -

I found the ReOfferCampaign.exe folder in my files -- would it be safe to just delete it from there?

Edited by noknojon, 03 September 2014 - 07:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users