Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot Install Bitdefender Internet Security 2015.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 quizit

quizit

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 PM

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:09 AM

Hello BleepingComputer Forums.

My Setup:

Windows 8.1 (64bit)

Dell Inspiron 15 7537 Ultrabook.

16GB RAM.

Intel Core I7-4510U CPU 2.00GB - 3.10GB.

1 TB HDD Seagate.

Nvidia GeForce GT 750M 2 GB Dedicated GPU.

Intel 4500 onboard GPU 2.30GB.

====================================

Ive decided to give Bitdefender 2015 Interet Securty a try, and give up on McAfee Live Safe 2015, Simly Because there is no option to Aloow and Trust certain Programs Using McAfee Live Safe. I then made sure Windows Defender was working and updated before I did anything else!

I have A 6 Month Trial Licnece for Bitdefender Internet Security, But No Matter what I try, I cannot Install it.

I can run Both the diferent launchers. but both just seem to not do anything at all once I click the Install Button!

The Full Bitdefender 2015 Internet Security Installer Also does very similar once I click the install Button. it shows a screen which says Bitdefender needs to remove any other installled AV Product before it can be Installed. (Im unsure if this is just a generic warning) or I Have multiple security program leftover instalation issues.

I was using Malwarebytes Free.

Super Anti Spyware

I have also tried Spybot S&D in the past on this Laptop.

I thought I had fully removed these Products!! Using Iobit Uninatall Tool.

I Also made a full System Restore to my earliest restore Point, Which was succesfull. But this also did NOT fix the issue i am having. After making A full system Restore.

Im noe having a couple of other niggly issues since I made full sytem restore. another problem i am now having is that,

One other issue im having is: when I open Credentials Manager in control Panel. I get this Error Message:

Credential Manager Error.

An Error occured while performing this action.

Error code: 0x800706BA

Error MEssage: The RPC Server IS Unavailable.

I have looked at services and Remote Proceedure Call is running,

I have tried to fix this issue afer alot of reading up, but i have not been able to fix it. any help with this would also be apreciated.

Im unsure if this haa anything to do with why I cant install Bitdefender IS 2015.

Thanks for taking time to read my issues. I look forward and appeciate any help given.

Edited by hamluis, 01 September 2014 - 09:11 AM.
Moved from Win 8 to AV/AM Software - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ElfBane

ElfBane

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 PM

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:09 AM

McAfee removal tool ... http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS101331 .

#3 quizit

quizit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:56 AM

Thanks for your Reply ElfBane.

I have already used McAfee Removal Tool

Malwarebytes Removal Tool and Bitdefender removal Tools numerous times including in Safe Mode when possible.

they seemed to work successfuly.

But, I am still unable to install Bitdefender IS 2015!

I still need some help with this issue please!

Edited by quizit, 01 September 2014 - 09:07 AM.

#4 ElfBane

ElfBane

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:15 AM

Well, I think you must have orphaned Registry entries of previous AV installations. But BC frowns on the use of Registry cleaners (personally I think they can be quite useful if used properly), so I can't give advice about that.

Someone will be along to help with how to manually find and remove orphaned Registry entries.

#5 quizit

quizit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:42 AM

Id appreciate some help with that.

#6 ElfBane

ElfBane

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2014 - 12:47 PM

I'll hail a Mod ...

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,549 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 PM

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:16 PM

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

#8 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,267 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:09 PM

Hello hamluis.

Thank-you for taking time to help me.

I would like to let you know that I contacted Bitdefender Support. With thier help,
I have now successfuly installed Bitedefender Internet Security 2015.

However I am having a couple of small issues that I would like to iron out.
I would really appreciate a little help from an experienced person who might be able to help me fix these....

This forum is for folks seeking assistane with Anti-Virus and Anti-Malware Software. Since that issue has been resolved, I have split your last reply and moved it to the Windows 8 OS forum where you can continue. You can find your split topic here.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#9 Guest_Chuck racer_*

Guest_Chuck racer_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 05 September 2014 - 05:45 PM

Hello BleepingComputer Forums.

My Setup:

Windows 8.1 (64bit)

Dell Inspiron 15 7537 Ultrabook.

16GB RAM.

Intel Core I7-4510U CPU 2.00GB - 3.10GB.

1 TB HDD Seagate.

Nvidia GeForce GT 750M 2 GB Dedicated GPU.

Intel 4500 onboard GPU 2.30GB.

====================================

Ive decided to give Bitdefender 2015 Interet Securty a try, and give up on McAfee Live Safe 2015, Simly Because there is no option to Aloow and Trust certain Programs Using McAfee Live Safe. I then made sure Windows Defender was working and updated before I did anything else!

I have A 6 Month Trial Licnece for Bitdefender Internet Security, But No Matter what I try, I cannot Install it.

I can run Both the diferent launchers. but both just seem to not do anything at all once I click the Install Button!

The Full Bitdefender 2015 Internet Security Installer Also does very similar once I click the install Button. it shows a screen which says Bitdefender needs to remove any other installled AV Product before it can be Installed. (Im unsure if this is just a generic warning) or I Have multiple security program leftover instalation issues.

I was using Malwarebytes Free.

Super Anti Spyware

I have also tried Spybot S&D in the past on this Laptop.

I thought I had fully removed these Products!! Using Iobit Uninatall Tool.

I Also made a full System Restore to my earliest restore Point, Which was succesfull. But this also did NOT fix the issue i am having. After making A full system Restore.

Im noe having a couple of other niggly issues since I made full sytem restore. another problem i am now having is that,

One other issue im having is: when I open Credentials Manager in control Panel. I get this Error Message:

Credential Manager Error.

An Error occured while performing this action.

Error code: 0x800706BA

Error MEssage: The RPC Server IS Unavailable.

I have looked at services and Remote Proceedure Call is running,

I have tried to fix this issue afer alot of reading up, but i have not been able to fix it. any help with this would also be apreciated.

Im unsure if this haa anything to do with why I cant install Bitdefender IS 2015.

Thanks for taking time to read my issues. I look forward and appeciate any help given.

Iam no expert with a computer. But I have had both Bitdefender and Mcaffee both were terrible I thought. With Windows 8 or 8.1 Windows Defender now works great Windows Defender has been revamped by Windows which also has Mocrosoft Essentials, Defender in Windows 7 is terrible. Thanks, Chuck

#10 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,267 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2014 - 05:52 PM

Yes Windows Defender on Windows 8 integrates a more robust version of Windows Defender (and uses that name) for its anti-virus and anti-malware protection. Although it uses the same name, it is not the same as Defender in previous operating systems. Windows 8 Defender provides the same level of protection against malware as Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) and uses the same virus definition updates.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users