Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I need my phone to be recognized as a pc

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 david2446

david2446

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 AM

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:31 AM

My school got a free wifi without any password. the internet works perfectly on our laptops and desktop computers with the school wifi. But for the phones, only few apps such as kakaotalk and clash of clans work.( haven't seen other apps working yet.) Is there anyway that I can make my galaxy note 3 or my i pod to be recoginzed as a pc to make the internet work? or any apps for this kind of problem?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 PM

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:27 AM

Odds are they are filtering traffic and you would have to work with the school's IT to resolve the issue, but odds are this is being done intentionally.

#3 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 PM

Posted 02 September 2014 - 12:24 PM

Being seen as a pc isn't the issue. If you are connected to the wifi and the app works on a laptop it should work on a phone. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users