Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

deletion files

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Chuck racer_*

Guest_Chuck racer_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:25 AM

solved Thanks, Chuck

Edited by Chuck racer, 01 September 2014 - 07:05 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2014 - 01:09 PM

Some programs leave bits of the program installed after you have uninstalled like a lot of the free antivirus programs.  But these will usually have a uninstaller program which will remove what is left over.

There is one way that you can tell if there are any parts of a program left after uninstalling it, use the regedit to open the registry and do a search for the program.  If you only have average computer skills you shouldn't make and changes in the registry, this could result in turning the computer into an expensive door stop.  So don't make any changes.

To search for programs in the registry go to Search and type in regedit, when it shows up under Apps click on it.

When the registry opens click on Edit, then click on Find.  

In the box that opens type in the name of the program you want to find, then click on Find next.

A box will open showing that it is searching for the program.  If it is found it will open the section of the registry where it is located, if it is not the it will tell you that it could not be found.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Guest_Chuck racer_*

Guest_Chuck racer_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:00 PM

This worked perfect about the left over files, I had none but was wondering about that. I know that when you uninstall a program from features and programs sometimes it don't get all the files. I got Revo, and I allways go to see if programs are there first, sometimes it,s not. Why somes at Revo and somes at windows features and programs, I have no clue why. I know not mess with anything in regedit, my understanding messing with program files, can really mess a pc up, so I never go there. Thanks For Your Help, Chuck

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 PM

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:52 AM

Glad to be able to help.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users