Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Knoppix

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sharpie

sharpie

• Members
  • 702 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 PM

Posted 06 June 2006 - 02:14 AM

when ever i use a live cd it's always extremly magnified. ive only tried a version of puppy and a version of knoppix, but they are both magnified. is that how it is suspoused to be? :thumbsup: . if not how can i fix it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 cybormoron

cybormoron

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2006 - 11:03 PM

is that how it is suspoused to be? blink.gif . if not how can i fix it.

basically yes, they do default to different resolutions. depending on what linux detects is best for your gpu/monitor setup. or it just could be what that distro uses. it may be possible to go up a resolution thru your graphics configuration after it's running or you may be able to change the resolution at boot time. they usually offer boot options. (cheat codes) you need to hit one of the function keys to see what they are. for example it might say; hit f2 for boot options.

the latest puppy linux defaulted to 640x480 but i was able to up that to 1024x768 thru the graphics wizard.

Edited by cybormoron, 06 June 2006 - 11:05 PM.

I can no longer sit back and allow Microsoft infiltration, Microsoft indoctrination, Microsoft subversion, and the international Microsoft conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious open source GNU/Linux operating systems. General Jack D. Ripper.

#3 sharpie

sharpie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 702 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2006 - 05:51 AM

cool thanks i'll try it

Edited by sharpie, 07 June 2006 - 05:51 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users