I hope you can help me. I saw a similar post which described my problem exactly but the posts stopped as you got no reply.
So the main issue is that my C: drive keeps filling up with nothing to the point its full. its got little space left of its 39gb. Yet when I right click properties on the contents of the C: drive the total size is about 14gb - i.e. there is approx. 25gb unaccounted for.
It seems to fill up only when I am connected to the web.
Few other details that might be useful:
- I replaced motherboard as it died (though the problem might well have started prior to this) with a second hand one off ebay!
- "Control" buttons don't work
- I have probably deleted things that maybe I should not have!
- I don't have the reboot CD for the laptop. (this would have been my first choice)
- It still runs perfectly quickly
- My Hardrive is split in two, with the D: drive set to 66gb and half full (I had to move all my data, programs and music to make room for the filling up C drive).
Any help much appreciated