Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Black Screen at startup and Frustrated

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sonygonz73

sonygonz73

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2014 - 02:16 PM

My Samsung Notebook has a black screen at startup. I can access the Internet thru Task Manager so I know its not my screen. I contacted Samsung support and they had me press F2 at startup with brough up some screen. Followed their instructions - didnt fix. Please help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rockysosua

rockysosua

• Members
  • 772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 AM

Posted 31 August 2014 - 06:51 PM

Could you elaborate?

Your screen is black at start up, but I'm guessing you get past that at a certain point, seeing as how you mention having access to the task manager.

I'm hoping that if you give us all the details of the situation, like how it happened, etc, that we might have a solution for you.

All is well in Paradise.

#3 sonygonz73

sonygonz73
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:16 AM

Apparently there was a mandatory update sometime last week, which im starting to think was an update for the Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 - I think that either my kid didn't let the update go all the way through or it was somehow interrupted. I finally did a reset to factory settings, reinstalled all of my programs and when I went to test it out by restarting it, I was prompted to update and restart. Now I have a prompt that says "failure configuring Windows updates Reverting changes Do not turn off your computer". Help. I have a Samsung Notebook model # NP355E7C-A01US

#4 rockysosua

rockysosua

• Members
  • 772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 AM

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:39 AM

If it is stuck in that state and not progressing, you'd have little choice but to hard kill it (hold power button for 5 plus seconds) and see what happens next.

All is well in Paradise.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 AM

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:48 AM

This could take some time to complete.  I would not turn off the computer until it has taken over an hour.  Doing a hard shutdown while this process is going on can cause problems which could require reinstalling the operating system again.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 sonygonz73

sonygonz73
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:54 AM

All of the updates finally went through - thank goodness. Seems to be working fine now - we shall see

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users