Hello, I am looking for a new motherboard, this is the motherboard that i need replaced:
492774-001 HP-Compaq System Board Benicia Gl8e
Is there an alternative to that type of motherboard? I do not want to buy refurbished, i would rather buy a brand new one. THat way I know its in good condition.
I am new at building computers, but i want to learn more so i can have more options on what i want to do with a computer. The stuff i have on this motherboard is:
- Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1800 ATSC/QAM/NTSC/FM TV Tuner PCIe Capture Card
- Quad cored processor 1.8 Ghz (or close to it), its an intel processor
- 350 watt power supply
- 2x of "2GB 2Rx8 PC2-6400U-666-12-E3"
- 2x of "1GB 1Rx8 PC2-6400U-666-12-ZZ"
- I believe its a 750 GB hard drive
- radeon hd 6450 video card
- WIndows vista (may plan on upgrading to windows 7 but not sure yet)
If i missed anything else thats important, please let me know. But thats about all the stuff i can find on the computer that i know of. I cannot turn on the computer as i my cousin told me the motherboard is probably fried.
I am using this computer so i can practice in building future computers later on in life. That way if i screw anything up here, then I have not wasted much money. I prefer not to spend over $100 on a new motherboard replacement. I do plan on upgrading my RAM at least as i think its an 800 Mhz so i would like a 1600 mhz and possibly get about 12 GB of ram instead of the 6 that i have now.
Edited by ksinley, 31 August 2014 - 11:02 AM.