Refer to your user manual if you don't have here is the details...
Auto-Off is automatically enabled by default when you turn on the printer.
When Auto-Off is enabled,
the printer will automatically turn off after 2 hours of inactivity to help reduce energy use. Auto-Off
turns the printer off completely, so you must use the On button to turn the printer back on. For printer
models with wireless or Ethernet network capability, Auto-Off is automatically disabled when the
printer establishes a wireless or Ethernet network connection. Even when Auto-Off is disabled, the
printer enters Sleep mode after 5 minutes of inactivity to help reduce energy use.
To change the Auto-Off setting from the printer software
1. Depending on your operating system, do one of the following to open the printer software:
● Windows 8: On the Start screen, right-click an empty area on the screen, click All Apps on
the app bar, and then click the icon with the printer's name.
● Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP: From the computer desktop, click Start,
select All Programs, click HP, click HP Deskjet 1510 series, and then click HP Deskjet 1510
2. In the printer software, select Print & Scan, and then click Maintain Your Printer to access the
3. The printer toolbox appears.
4. Click Advanced Settings, and then follow the on-screen instructions.
Once you change the setting, the printer maintains the setting that you choose.