Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Happy Labor Day weekend...

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 AM

Posted 30 August 2014 - 08:57 PM

From the people who brought you the 5 day/40 hr/weekends off work week... among many other good things. They're not perfect but without them we'd be back to the days of the "Robber Barons"

Unions.png

Edited by Union_Thug, 30 August 2014 - 08:59 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Stolen

Stolen

• Members
  • 669 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 AM

Posted 30 August 2014 - 10:05 PM

Thank you, Union Thug! 

and Happy Labor Day Weekend to you! 

Labor_Day_cartoon.jpg

#3 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2014 - 10:38 PM

Thanks Stolen.... speaking of which, I've "stolen" your .jpg and used it for my FB cover :hello:

cover.png

Edited by Union_Thug, 30 August 2014 - 10:47 PM.

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 PM

Posted 31 August 2014 - 05:58 PM

As a lifelong trade unionist and former shop steward, I couldn't agree more. Who says there isn't a role for trade unions in the modern economy ?

Unhappily, since I am now retired, I don't get holiday weekends any more, but I hope you enjoy yours,

Chris Cosgrove

#5 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2014 - 06:53 PM

Thank you Chris, I am also a former Union member currently permanently disabled due to severe heart issues. I had an S-ICD implanted this past March and had been wearing an external device for 6 months prior to that.

Here's an animation of the procedure if anyone cares to take a look.

#6 princecharming

princecharming

• Banned Spammer
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 PM

Posted 17 December 2014 - 02:39 AM

Hello all newbies, how are all of you. I am Prince Charming from United State Of America. Today i am here for wish all of you our labor brothers a very Happy Labor Day Weekend. These are that some special days which we dedicate to our all that labor brothers, who work for development of this Country. They should also praised as, that is low. So please i request you that respect always our labor brothers not to hate them.

#7 georgehenry

georgehenry

• Members
  • 410 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 PM

Posted 17 December 2014 - 10:04 AM

I have a little story about unions. When I was in my early 20's (1950's) I worked for a tv cable company in London. There were branches all over London with "wiremen" and TV repairmen as employees. The branch I worked at elected me as their representative on the "committee", This turned out to be pretty useless. (no teeth) and I was asked to sound out union joining. We had a meeting and I managed to get two reps of the ETU to come and talk about us joining. After their talk they asked for any questions. One man stood up and said,"If we join how soon can we have a strike, and what can the union do about the man that is being victimised for continual lateness." This man,I understood, later became a councillor  in Hammersmith (London). Needless to say I resigned.

#8 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:06:07 AM

Posted 18 December 2014 - 04:23 AM

princecharming, if you are from the USA you would know that Labor Day in the US is the first Monday in September.
What country are you speaking of, which has Labor Day in December?

Or perhaps you are "from" the USA but moved to another country at an early age and would not know when Labor Day in the US is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users