Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Youtube video about copiers, very interesting!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 6,001 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 PM

Posted 30 August 2014 - 07:11 PM

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64

• Members
  • 937 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 PM

Posted 05 September 2014 - 12:17 AM

Shocking you think the owners these printers would at least attempt to take the time to thoroughly wipe the drives if there concerned about cost. After all tools such as DBAN and Eraser are booth free open source utilities which wouldn't cost them a dime to use.

I guess one upside is identity theft protection services will see another boost in sales with discovery.

#3 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,001 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 PM

Posted 06 September 2014 - 12:07 PM

SuperSapien64

Unfortunately people don't care about much these days.  Unfortunately with my health being bad I have worked with some very unsavory people to say the least.  And the owners of such company's don't work there or over see anything, they just want to make their money and drive their Mercedes LOL.  I would even say most don't even know about this, and, some that should know about it don't either, judging by the report?  I did not know this but I would like to think if I was a business owner I would know.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

#4 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64

• Members
  • 937 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 PM

Posted 07 September 2014 - 03:27 PM

Yeah and 500 dollars to add a auto delete service, unless it's a secure delete with unique encryptions then why charge this much for something that could be included free of charge.

And what about non-profits (Public Libraries, Schools etc)? Hopefully there's a non-profit discount available.

I suspect this isn't simply business owners refusing to purchase this necessary service since this is so widespread, is it possible some of photocopy manufacturers are overcharging a bit? After all any business owner want's to get the most out of there investments and if this extra throw in service doesn't include secure methods of disposing data I wouldn't blame them for refusing to purchase such services.

Edited by SuperSapien64, 07 September 2014 - 10:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users