Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Users folder in desktop after running RogueKiller

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nyjon

nyjon

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 AM

Posted 30 August 2014 - 04:20 PM

Hello,

I ran rogue killer to see if it would pick up anything on my laptop. it found some pums in registry so i went and 'cleaned'  them. now i see my user folder in the desktop. i deleted it and it destroyed my user in windows 8. ive since created a new user and deleted the old one. having said that, i can see the new user folder in the desktop. i remember seeing some hide/unhide desktop registry entries and i didnt think anything of it. how can i hide this folder or 'fix' the issue?

thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 30 August 2014 - 11:53 PM

Hello nyjon. I've put out a call for someone who knows about Rogue Killer to look at this topic.

Hopefully someone will respond soon.

#3 Tigzy

Tigzy

• Security Colleague
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 AM

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:03 AM

Hello

Could you describe what you did exactly to remove your user account?

As explained in the documentation, http://www.adlice.com/softwares/roguekiller/documentation/

PUM.DesktopIcons [Possible desktop icons hijack. Those lines when only PUMs are detected should be ignored, because they probably result of a user configuration]
Example: [PUM.DesktopIcons] (X64) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\NewStartPanel | {20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D} : 1 -> FOUND

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users