Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Office Professional 2007 download issues.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 squashja2592

squashja2592

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 AM

Posted 30 August 2014 - 03:05 PM

Hello there.

I recently bought Microsoft Office 2007 on eBay. It came in the mail today. When I put the disc into my computer, nothing happens. I cannot hear the disc running. Nothing is prompted on the screen and when I look in "my computer" it does not show anything other than what's normally there. I guess I am asking for help trying to figure out how to download this program onto my computer as I just started college classes and already have assignments due and cannot complete them without it. 

Please be gently, as I know to some this may seem basic. Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,297 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 PM

Posted 30 August 2014 - 04:42 PM

First of all - welcome to BC !

There are two possibilities here. The first, and less worrying, is your optical drive may have died and gone to a better place. Can you read any other software disc or play a movie DVD ? If you can, your drive is working. If you can't, then it is almost certainly your drive.

The Office disc may be faulty or fake. Try it in a different computer to see if it can be read or offers to install itself. If it can neither be read nor offers to install on a different computer then your only hope of redress is to take it up with first the supplier and then the eBay complaints procedure.

Sorry I can't be more optimistic on your first visit to BC.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 squashja2592

squashja2592
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2014 - 04:53 PM

So. I went to Control Panel>System>Device Manager and under "DVD/CD-Rom Drives" it shows a yellow caution sign under "hp DVD A DS8A5LH SATA Cdrom drives". When I click on that it then says "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19". Do you know what this means?

Edited by hamluis, 30 August 2014 - 07:00 PM.
Removed unnecessary quotebox - Hamluis.

#4 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 AM

Posted 30 August 2014 - 06:14 PM

The first thing I would try is a system restore back to before the problem occurred.

Failing that...

It's not an unusual problem. Here is the MS fix.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929461

That should fix it straight away... If your device doesn't work just re-install the drivers then.

You'll be good to go.

TsVk!

:busy:

edit: I know the fix says it is for Vista, but it works just fine on Win 7 also...

Edited by TsVk!, 30 August 2014 - 06:20 PM.

#5 squashja2592

squashja2592
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2014 - 01:27 AM

Thank you for the warm welcome to bc!I played with my computer after your reply and was able to fix the issue using your suggestions. I just wanna thank you so much for your help it really saved my butt!

Thanks again!

-SQUASHJA

P.s. your awesome!

#6 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 AM

Posted 31 August 2014 - 01:40 AM

:thumbup2:   You're very welcome...