Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to power HP elite 8440p from DC??

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jawnn

jawnn

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 AM

Posted 30 August 2014 - 02:54 PM

I just got this refurbished laptop not knowing the power supply charger is too energy expensive for off grid living.

we have solar that will not be enough in the winter. hoping that some one can tell me how to run this old monster off 12volt dc.

the dc charger I got for it was a waste of money. 10.8 volts 55watt hours says the battery. I suspect that the charger provides only 10 percent more than the machine uses???

If I could find out the exact amount the hp machine uses,then it may be possible to get a power supply??  no owners manual supplied.  

​i have also had plenty problems with the finger pad and a file disappearing. Need a mouse.

I was looking at Hyperion chargers as a way to charge a second battery while at the library. But they are very expensive and I have no idea how to plug into a battery.

what kind of device should  use to power it up?

Help!

Edit: Moved topic from Windows 7 to the more appropriate forum.~ Animal

Edited by hamluis, 30 August 2014 - 07:02 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 AM

Posted 31 August 2014 - 09:01 AM

HP is one of the best manufacturers when it comes to drivers and manuals.  Here are the 8440p Manuals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users