Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Galaxy S3 10.1 - row of little arrows

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,206 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 AM

Posted 30 August 2014 - 11:10 AM

The wife of an acquaintance of mine has a Galaxy S3 which has developed a row of arrows across the top of the screen, these two images refer. The first is a complete photo, at reduced resolution, of the whole screen, the second is a full resolution image of the arrows.

http://imageshack.com/a/img673/2153/WsZRpc.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img540/184/LbzwiG.jpg

These arrows don't seem to be affecting the operation or use of the tablet but they are annoying the hell out of her. As I know relatively little about tablets can anybody tell me (1) what they represent, and, (2) if you can get rid of them, how do you do it ?

And I thought I was going round to their house merely to clean up a badly infected Win 7 desktop - something I do know about !

Chris Cosgrove

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:47 PM

Posted 30 August 2014 - 11:45 AM

They look like the arrows that come up during an app update. Don't know why there would be so many though.

Here's a thread that gives a solution.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s3/346926-mulitpe-download-arrows-keep-reappearing-after-update-4-4-om-my-samsung-s3.html

Edited by frankp316, 30 August 2014 - 11:48 AM.

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove
  • Topic Starter

• 7,206 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2014 - 03:46 PM

Thanks for that. I have no idea if it is the answer, but I will pass it on and see if it works.

I don't have a tablet of my own unless you count a Mk 1b Kindle as one (that's the one with the on-screen keyboard but isn't a touch screen) - a great bit of kit for holidays, especially if flying, but even the proverbial infinity of monkeys would never get round to typing the works of Shakespeare on one, the heat death of the Universe would happen first. What I know about tablets I have picked up because I teach basic computing as a volunteer mainly to a group of older people  and we teach them on their own equipment.

Chris Cosgrove

#4 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:47 PM

Posted 30 August 2014 - 05:46 PM

A couple of years ago, I was trying to decide if I wanted a desktop or laptop PC. I got such a good deal on a Samsung Galaxy tablet, my decision was made for me. I got a new desktop PC. I use the tablet for Twitter as opposed to my phone.

#5 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove
  • Topic Starter

• 7,206 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2014 - 03:42 PM

You will be pleased to know that I got a phone call from the owner of this tablet this afternoon expressing delight and thanks - her arrows are gone !

Like you I have a desktop, primarily for storage capacity and its ability to process graphics in a reasonable timescale, and my wife has a laptop which normally goes on holiday with us. Apart from the work she does, it and a 250Gb USB SSD make an excellent store for the photos we take. And every once in a while this is an awful lot of photos. Across the end of April and the start of May we took 23,000 odd between us.

Anyway - thanks for the suggestion, it did the trick.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users