here I am again, in search for help.
- MoBo: Asus A8N32-Sli Deluxe
- CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+
- RAM: 4 x 1GB DDR 400
- VGA: ATI Radeon X1600 Pro PCI-E 512MB
- HDD1: WD Caviar Blue 500GB (O.S.)
- HDD2: WD Blue 1TB (data)
- PSU: Enermax Liberty 500W
- O.S.: Windows XP Home (32-bit) SP3
In the last few weeks the computer has become slow (and sometime unresponsive) when performing some tasks.
Example #1: when I attach a USB flash drive it takes several minutes before I can access it (and CPU goes up to 50%). This didn't happen before.
Example #2: if I play a DVD the player takes at least five minutes before start (again CPU up to 50%), besides it is unresponsive (if I stop the playback the player goes on for a few seconds (no image, only sound) and again heavy load on CPU).
Generally speaking, starting any program (especially if the first time in the session) is slow and CPU consuming (some programs more than others).
Any idea what the problem could be?