Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to connect to certain websites after reinstalling windows 7

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Kirdah

Kirdah

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 PM

Posted 30 August 2014 - 06:46 AM

Hi! Recently I had my memory sticks replaced because they were faulty (replaced for free by Corsair) and I used the opportunity when I got my new ones to clean up my computer and reinstall windows 7. I used a legit copy with my personal Win7 Professional key. 

However, after installing the most necessary drivers (networking, graphics card and USB), I went to download my usual programs etc. Most of the domains I could connect to instantly and downloaded fine (Chrome, facebook, google), some took really long time (skype, windows) and some would not load at all (battle.net, microsoft.windows.com). I am currently typing from my laptop, which runs on the same internet connection, and is able to connect to all those websites without any problem.
The battle.net website gave me the following error messages: 
IE: "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"
Firefox: "Connection timed out" (after what, not even a minute or so?)
Chrome: "This webpage is not available"

I have also installed Windows several times again after the problem occured the first time, no luck. Turned windows firewall off did not work either.

Is there anyone that has the slightest idea what's going on?
All help is appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,360 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 AM

Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:36 PM

Is the time and date correct?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Kirdah

Kirdah
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:48 PM

Yes, time and date is correct.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,360 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2014 - 02:30 PM

What is the make and model of this computer?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 Kirdah

Kirdah
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2014 - 02:50 PM

It's custom built late 2011, never had any problems with it before this.

Motherboard: Asus P8P67 Rev 3.1

CPU: Intel quad core i7 2600

RAM: 4x4Gb Corsair XMS3 1600MHz

GPU: XFX Radeon HD 6950

Edited by Kirdah, 30 August 2014 - 02:58 PM.

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,360 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2014 - 09:55 AM

The motherboard should have come with a disc containing the drivers needed for this computer.  If you still have it, use it to load all of your drivers.  This sounds like you don't have all of the needed drivers installed.

If you no longer have the disc you can go to the Asus website and download the drivers there.

Once you have gone to the website click on Driver & Tools.  You will need to click on the operating system you are using, this will need to include the version (32-bit or 64-bit).  Once you have done this the available drivers will be presented.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users