Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

please, advice is needed for a budget pc for multimedia rendering

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_nickko_*

Guest_nickko_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 30 August 2014 - 03:53 AM

good morning to all

after a year with my little celeron g530 and 4 gb ddr3 ram with hd 250 gb i think it's time for me to go a step further and buy something more powerful for multimedia use (audio/video and bryce 3d rendering)

i am thinking for the amd athlon cpu 5350 socket am1 with the gigabyte am1m-s2h motherboard

my second option is intel g3420 cpu soecket 1150 with the gigabyte ga-h81m-s2

my last option is to just upgrade my g530 socket 1155 with something more powerfull and keep my asus p8h61-mle motherboard and my 4 gb corsair ddr3  andhd 250 sata2 seagate as is

i know that all the above mentioned items are not the fastest ones but are within my limited budget (euros 220-270) for a new pc

please, kindly let me have your kind comments and/or advice

many thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,461 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2014 - 07:09 AM

I would put a quad core i5 or i7 in your current machine and double the RAM to 8GB.

Provided the software you are using for rending is CPU intensive an Intel quad core will give you 8 CPUs for rendering.  The additional RAM will increase performance by decreasing use of the page file.

#3 Alex&Vanko

Alex&Vanko

• Banned
  • 1,394 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 AM

Posted 30 August 2014 - 08:00 AM

Hi nickko and :welcome:

With those CPU`s I believe not.

Thank you!

#4 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 PM

Posted 30 August 2014 - 08:16 AM

I think upgrading your CPU is the best option.  The AMD AM1 CPU's are not high performance parts, and neither is a Celeron.

Here is the list of CPU's your motherboard works with - http://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards/P8H61M_LE/HelpDesk_CPU/ which also tells you the minimum BIOS version to support a given CPU.

I don't know what your prices are like locally, but as an example in Germany an i5-3570 processor can be bought new for about 189 Euros, or around £147 in the UK.  The compatible i7's like the i7-3770 (which add hyper threading and more cache for better performance on multi-threaded work) are considerably more expensive, and likely out of budget.  4Gb memory is probably around €40.

Edited by jonuk76, 30 August 2014 - 08:41 AM.

7sbvuf-6.png

#5 Guest_nickko_*

Guest_nickko_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 30 August 2014 - 12:45 PM

good evening to all from me to all

i thank very much all that replied to my post and i fully appreciate this 

upgrade my old g530 cpu to an i3 will cost me around 199 (i am not sure for exact model)

i5 is out of my budget since with the same amount of money i can build a bran new pc either an amd am1 socket or intel socket 1150

sure, not fast as i3 or i5 but much better than my little celeron that i run now

since all my software is x32 bits (windows xp pro sp2) 8 gb of ram is not worthing

sure a good option is to buy a good video card but again for bryce 3d and video rendering with sony vegas pro 8 a graphics card is not necessary because the rendering speed have to do with cpu and ram

thanks again for all your replies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users