Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gigabyte Brix Pro 4770r

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 msdhoni

msdhoni

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 AM

Posted 29 August 2014 - 06:03 PM

Please, forgave me if  i am posting in wrong area, i ran through the forum and don't know where else to post this.

I recently bought a Gigabyte Brix Pro 4770r barebone pc.

I have install all the drivers from cd via usb plus Win 7 ultimate.

The problem i am having is every time i open two web pages,or play games, ( this popup window come up saying i am low on memory.)

I have install 2x8 gig of ram = 16 gig total of Ripjaws  Gskill So-Dimm memory with a Samsung ssd 840 evo mSATA 250gb hard drive.

Appreciate if someone can shed some light on this low memory problem.

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 AM

Posted 30 August 2014 - 06:10 AM

Did you install the 64 bit version of Windows 7 Ultimate?

How much RAM shows in Windows?

#3 msdhoni

msdhoni
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2014 - 10:10 AM

Did you install the 64 bit version of Windows 7 Ultimate?

How much RAM shows in Windows?

I install the 32 bit and windows show 16.0 gb. It seems like configuration issiue, but what.

Tks.

#4 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,408 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2014 - 12:17 PM

If you installed the 32 bit version you will only have access  to 4GB of RAM.  I don't know if it will show 16GB or not.

#5 msdhoni

msdhoni
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:09 PM

Kilroy, on 30 Aug 2014 - 1:17 PM, said:

If you installed the 32 bit version you will only have access  to 4GB of RAM.  I don't know if it will show 16GB or not.

sorry for late reply, cause blipping computer wont let me log on after two post

now they sent me a new pw I can now reply to u.

from my last post to now  it show 16.oo gig ( 3.40 gig usable)

since then I have seen flash player crash, googlechrome crash, and today google chrome crash 4 times asi am typing this.

I disabled flash in google chrome then enable with the same problem, helppppppp.

#6 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,129 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2014 - 11:48 AM

No matter what you do you are still limited to 4gig with 7 32 bit, you need to buy 7 64 bit to utilize the 16Gigs. 

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#7 msdhoni

msdhoni
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2014 - 04:40 AM

OldPhil, on 08 Sept 2014 - 12:48 PM, said:

No matter what you do you are still limited to 4gig with 7 32 bit, you need to buy 7 64 bit to utilize the 16Gigs. 

So are you saying that 7 32 bit is causing me all this problems. what will happen if I run the pc with only 8 gig of ram. how do u explain the crashes on googlechrome and shockwave, will 7 64 bit solve this problem, I do have 64bit cd.

#8 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,129 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2014 - 07:31 AM

OldPhil, on 08 Sept 2014 - 12:48 PM, said:

So are you saying that 7 32 bit is causing me all this problems. what will happen if I run the pc with only 8 gig of ram. how do u explain the crashes on googlechrome and shockwave, will 7 64 bit solve this problem, I do have 64bit cd.

I can not say that it is definite fix but a more than reasonable assumption!  With 32 bit you can only access 1/4 of your installed ram, IMO 32 bit is for the casual/average user.

#9 msdhoni

msdhoni
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2014 - 04:09 PM

Do I do clean win ultimate 7 install with 64 bit or what, since I am not familiar with it. after installing 64 bit do I have to re download all win update drivers ect:
Tks for responding.

#10 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,129 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2014 - 05:08 PM

Yes do a clean install, updates will come automatically.  You will have a totally new experience, I have two 64 and two 32 machines like night and day when pushed a little hard.

#11 msdhoni

msdhoni
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2014 - 01:40 PM

Yes do a clean install, updates will come automatically.  You will have a totally new experience, I have two 64 and two 32 machines like night and day when pushed a little hard.

Thank you, will do it this weekend and report later...

#12 msdhoni

msdhoni
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2014 - 04:43 AM

I have successfully install win 64bit sp1. I am now having problems with win update with error code - 80070718 /643 and 9c57

There are about one hundred and thirty update to be installed, but only one get installed every time i reboot. sick and tired of this,

any new suggestion .

Tks:

#13 djmiiller

djmiiller

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2014 - 06:53 AM

Msdhoni you could try one of these methods.

Method 1: I would suggest you to run Windows Update Troubleshooter and check if it works.

Follow the steps to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter:

a.       Press Windows key + C on your keyboard to show the Charms bar.

b.      Type Troubleshooting and click Troubleshooting under Settings.

c.       Now type Windows update in the search option.

d.      Click on Windows Update troubleshooter to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: I would suggest you to perform clean boot and then try installing updates.

Place the computer in a clean boot state and then check if it helps. You can start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot." A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts.

How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: Follow the section “More information” to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot.

Method 3: I would suggest you to follow all the steps from the article mentioned below and check:

You receive error code 0x80070643 or error code 0x643 when you use the Windows Update or Microsoft Update Web sites to install updates

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958052

Hope this information helps.

DJ

#14 msdhoni

msdhoni
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2014 - 03:03 PM

Method 1: I would suggest you to run Windows Update Troubleshooter and check if it works.

Method 2: I would suggest you to perform clean boot and then try installing updates.

Place the computer in a clean boot state and then check if it helps. You can start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot." A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts.

How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

Note: Follow the section “More information” to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot.

Method 3: I would suggest you to follow all the steps from the article mentioned below and check:

You receive error code 0x80070643 or error code 0x643 when you use the Windows Update or Microsoft Update Web sites to install updates

DJ

DJ

Nothing happened when i pressed window key+C. Is there another word for Charms Bar. I received error code 80070103  /80070718 and 9c59

Edited by msdhoni, 26 September 2014 - 03:15 PM.

#15 djmiiller

djmiiller

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2014 - 06:33 AM

Try going to your control panel. Then search in the control panel troubleshooting, click on troubleshooting, the first on that is green at the very top. Then you can type windows update into the search. Then you can click on the windows updated troubleshooter and run it. hope this helps.

DJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users