Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Password??

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 honda2010

honda2010

• Members
  • 129 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 AM

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:33 PM

Whats the best way to get your windows 7 password? I replaced a screen in my uncles laptop that he hasnt used in like 2yrs or more and now its fixed and cant log into windows casue he dont remember the password. I tried ophcrack but it isnt working. I did retreve all his pics and stuff off it. I'm thinking about just reformatting it and reinstalling win7 back on it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,479 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:40 PM

Normally when someone forgets their password for something they haven't used in a long time I ask them, "If someone asked you for a password what password would you use?"  Normally that is all they need.

I'm for the reformat and reinstall if you can't remember the password.

#3 honda2010

honda2010
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 129 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:43 PM

Yea hes been trying for 2 days to remember it. Instead of fixing it he went and bought a new laptop casue he needed it for work quick. So he just set this one aside and forgot about it. He thought he knew what it was but its not working. It may come to a reformat.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,827 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 AM

Posted 29 August 2014 - 05:37 PM

This assumes you do not have another administrator account you can login to. Don't bother to crack or reset your uncles password. Enable the hidden administrator account offline. Through that change the password of the account your uncle logs into. After enabling the hidden account and changing the password, disable the account by typing CMD in the search box Right click > Run as Administrator.

Type:

net user administrator /active:no

#5 honda2010

honda2010
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 129 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:19 PM

Well a format it is. It has Norton and stuff on it anyway and want to get all that off there. Thanks for you guys input its greatly appreciated.

Edited by honda2010, 29 August 2014 - 07:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users