Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Looking for a new PC

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 fadi-sheikh

fadi-sheikh

• Members
  • 235 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 PM

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:31 AM

Hello,

I am planning on either build or buy a premade PC. In fact, I am not sure if there is big difference in the saving part

I am looking for these specs

processor i7

Storage 1TB

RAM 4GB

I mostly care about these stuff

I am looking for something that would be around 600$ or less

Thanks in advance

I am not sure if this is a good deal

http://www.frys.com/product/7544316?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Edited by fadi-sheikh, 29 August 2014 - 03:32 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,284 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 PM

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:15 AM

That is a decent machine for the money.  I highly recommend 8GB for Windows 7 and later, which this machine has.

How do you plan on using the machine?

#3 fadi-sheikh

fadi-sheikh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 235 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2014 - 03:57 AM

That is a decent machine for the money.  I highly recommend 8GB for Windows 7 and later, which this machine has.

How do you plan on using the machine?

sorry for getting back to you late, anyway I don't have a specific use that I am looking for, all I want is to have a full option machine that can does most of thing, and also that can last for long term

I didn't find clear answer weather should I consider building a machine by myself or just buy a premade one

#4 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,284 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 PM

Posted 30 August 2014 - 06:36 AM

Building vs Buying is a personal decision.  If you don't feel comfortable working on the insides of your machine you are better of buying.

Building will allow for more upgrade options in the future.  Normally a manufactured machine is very limited in the upgrades that can be done, normally limited to RAM, hard drives, and possibly the video card.

Myself, I build, but mainly because I have a lot of hard drives in my machine.  The only upgrade I normally do is a video card after two or three years to get me another year or two out of my build.  My current machine specs are in my profile.

#5 fadi-sheikh

fadi-sheikh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 235 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2014 - 02:15 AM

But the money for the machine I attached earlier is worth it. Do u think if I search very well I can find machine with i7 with less money

#6 AlphaSirius

AlphaSirius

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 AM

Posted 03 September 2014 - 02:48 PM

Yes Fadi you can go fo that.

#7 Zerue

Zerue

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 04 September 2014 - 03:56 AM

Hi Fadi, if you are just going for general use, and a bit of hardcore gaming, i think it is wise to pick and unlocked I5 instead. Unless you plan on using the I7's hyperthreading, the I5 would be just fine. 

And sorry, the link doesnt work.

If I am helping you but failed to reply within 24 hours, send me a PM.

------------------------------------

Please read these guides:

Before you post a problem

Provide system specifications

Advice on building your system

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users