Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

folder file

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mahendra8

mahendra8

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 AM

Posted 29 August 2014 - 02:06 AM

how to fix this problem......

Attached Files

Edited by mahendra8, 29 August 2014 - 02:09 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,783 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 AM

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:11 AM

G'day mahendra8, and Welcome to BC !!

Click on Start button, then type into search bar "File Associations" ....Click on "change the file type associated with a file extension"

Click on the program you wish to open, and click on change program

You can browse for the program need to open the program you have

The "Automatic file name extension" option may have become unchecked on the Save As and Export dialogs. If the saved file doesn't have the .doc/.pdf extension, it won't be recognized as a .doc/.pdf file.    Select File > Save As, check the option on the dialog, and save the document.

Edited by Condobloke, 29 August 2014 - 03:37 AM.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

Microsoft gives you Windows, Linux gives you the whole house...

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

#3 mahendra8

mahendra8
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 AM

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:47 AM

thank you for your reply but still same problem......while i try yo open folder its says: this file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already install, creat an association in the default program control panel.

I had try lot but it can nor be solve. i cant go inside the folder.

#4 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,783 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 AM

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:20 AM

Try running this for me.

If this is a Laptop, be sure it has plenty of charge, plug the charger in, so there is no power interruption.

It will check for any integrity violations and fix any corrupted operating system files.

Run System File Check from an Elevated Command Prompt
 1. Open Elevated Command Prompt as per directions
 2. Type sfc /scannow and press Enter (note the space between c and / it must be there)
 3. (On average).This should not take longer than 20 minutes to finish
 4. NOTE : Do not touch the keyboard while this is running

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

Microsoft gives you Windows, Linux gives you the whole house...

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users