Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keep getting the "has encountered a problem and needs to close."

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RikCab

RikCab

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 AM

Posted 29 August 2014 - 01:29 AM

Strangest thing yet, and I'm worried!

Running an older computer with XP, got to worry sometimes.

Today when I opened up my firefox, I got the popup "send error report" window. Said along the top, "firefox.exe has encountered a problem and had to close." Clicking on the "SEND" or "DON"T SEND" either way just closed the popup.

If I did nothing the browser would open and I can go about my way. Just have to move the popup out of the way. Everything works fine, it seems. But the popup window is always there off to the side. The minute I click, everything closes!

Now, I noticed when I rebooted my computer, on startup. I get the same popup say,  Symantic Service Framework has encountered a problem and needs to close.  So now I notice the Norton's icon is gone from the bottom line menu??  When I run live update it comes back! But then I run the virus scan, all the Norton windows disappear, again!

I also tried running some online scans, like from kasp...eset..  some other. I keep getting this line about no proxy access, an none would run!!!

Figured it got to be trouble and you all helped me out long ago and thought to come back. Maybe you can help, i am loss at what to do next.

Thanks again,

Rik

Update 5pm Friday,   Got Norton's removed and reinstalled was able to access online! Reinstalled, seemed fine, until reboot. Now the popup reads,   "Norton Security Suite has encountered and needs to close." Also, still the same on Firefox, I have two popups now open off to the side, Firefox & Norton's! Hey, just closed the Norton one. By clicking the "Send Error Report" button! Ever time I run Live Update, Norton's return to my tray down below. I can open it click on a few things, but it always seems to disappear, even when I don't do anything!

Edited by RikCab, 29 August 2014 - 04:32 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RikCab

RikCab
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 AM

Posted 30 August 2014 - 05:47 PM

Finally Figured it out! I was a little worried for nothing, just another Norton Update widget! Once I removed Norton's all was fine. I installed AVG and also the (free trial) AVG PC TUNEUP System running so much better Tuneup works great, cleaned everything up and speed up my start-up and shutdown!

May get Norton back, after their next update!

Thanks for your ears...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users