Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

isses with antivirus program

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sbett27

sbett27

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 AM

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:27 AM

I downloaded BiteDefendor 2013 and it messed up my computer.  My log on screen stays black for about thirty seceonds and then after I am able to log in I cant use my mouse and it takes forever for things to load.  What do I do?

Edited by hamluis, 29 August 2014 - 08:51 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to AV/AM Software - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 czarboom

czarboom

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:44 AM

I would uninstall BitDefender.  If you cant get your computer to boot, try doing it from safe mode. 

Guide How to Start Windows in Safe Mode.

After it uninstalls, reboot the computer, unless it does it for you.

Then try a smaller antivirus scanner such as Malwarebytes,

If you are still having issue please direct your post to the antivirus forum.

good luck

cz

CZARBOOM 

"Never Stop Asking Questions, Question Your Environment, Question Your Government, above all Question Yourself.  We all lose when you Stop asking Why?

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 PM

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:14 AM

Do a System Restore, use a restore point prior to installing bitdefender.  You can do this in Safe Mode if it works better.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,613 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 AM

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:52 AM

How to uninstall Bitdefender
Bitdefender uninstall tool direct download

Before removing your anti-virus protection be sure to read these topics first.
Replacing your Anti-virus
Choosing an Anti-Virus Program

...Then try a smaller antivirus scanner such as Malwarebytes...

The following quote is a statement from the Malwarebytes Team.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is not meant to be a replacement for antivirus software. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a complementary but essential program which detects and removes zero-day malware and "Malware in the Wild". This includes malicious programs and files, such as viruses, worms, trojans, rootkits, dialers, spyware, and rogue applications that many antivirus programs do not detect or cannot fully remove. It is important to note that Malwarebytes Anti-Malware works well and should run alongside antivirus software without conflicts. In some rare instances, exclusions may need to be set for your specific antivirus product to achieve the best possible system performance.

Larry Tate
Product Support

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#5 czarboom

czarboom

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2014 - 11:10 PM

How to uninstall Bitdefender
Bitdefender uninstall tool direct download

Before removing your anti-virus protection be sure to read these topics first.
Replacing your Anti-virus
Choosing an Anti-Virus Program

...Then try a smaller antivirus scanner such as Malwarebytes...

The following quote is a statement from the Malwarebytes Team.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is not meant to be a replacement for antivirus software. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a complementary but essential program which detects and removes zero-day malware and "Malware in the Wild". This includes malicious programs and files, such as viruses, worms, trojans, rootkits, dialers, spyware, and rogue applications that many antivirus programs do not detect or cannot fully remove. It is important to note that Malwarebytes Anti-Malware works well and should run alongside antivirus software without conflicts. In some rare instances, exclusions may need to be set for your specific antivirus product to achieve the best possible system performance.

Larry Tate
Product Support

I forgot about the tool... dang.  And yes, I was not getting that is should be a replacement for a antivirus... even though the new Malwarebytes that you can purchase is?  Or is not?

CZARBOOM 

"Never Stop Asking Questions, Question Your Environment, Question Your Government, above all Question Yourself.  We all lose when you Stop asking Why?

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,613 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 AM

Posted 04 September 2014 - 04:22 AM

The full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Premium) includes a real-time Protection Module that uses advanced heuristic scanning technology to monitor your system and provide real-time protection to prevent the installation of most new malware, stopping malware distribution at the source. This technology runs at startup where it monitors every process and helps stop malicious processes before they can infect your computer. Keep in mind that this feature does not guarantee something will not slip through as no product can detect and prevent every type of malware. The database that defines the heuristics is updated as often as there is something to add to it. Also keep in mind that Malwarebytes does not act as a real-time protection scanner for every file like an anti-virus program so it is intended to be a supplement, not a substitute.

Malicious Website Blocking (IP Protection) is part of the Protection Module and works after it is enabled. When attempting to go to a potential malicious website, Malwarebytes will block the attempt and provide an alert. IP Protection is also designed to block incoming connections it determines to be malicious. For information about Malicious Website Blocking, please refer to:

Those who purchase the full version receive a license key via email to activate the protection module. Malwarebytes can be set to update itself and schedule scans automatically on a daily basis. The Protection Module is not intrusive as it utilizes few system resources and should not conflict with other scanners or anti-virus programs.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users