Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems Loading all Google websites except Gmail- Error Connection Reset

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mikethomas

mikethomas

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 AM

Posted 28 August 2014 - 07:43 PM

I also posted this in Windows 8 forum before I found this forum, but no responses.

For the past two months I have been having serious problems with Google on Chrome and IE. Gmail seems to be the only Google product that continues to work. 

YouTube is always the first to go then usually Google Drive or Calendar. Eventually the ominbox will not work and even Google Search homepage won't work either.

I get the same message for every page. "The website is not available"

The connection to www.google.com was interrupted.
Check your Internet connection
Check any cables and reboot any routers, modems, or other network devices you may be using.
Allow Chrome to access the network in your firewall or antivirus settings.
If it is already listed as a program allowed to access the network, try removing it from the list and adding it again.
If you use a proxy server...
Check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working. If you don't believe you should be using a proxy server: Go to the Chrome menu > Settings > Show advanced settings... > Change proxy settings...> LAN Settings and deselect "Use a proxy server for your LAN".
Error code: ERR_CONNECTION_RESET
Below Are The Steps I Have Taken:
I have ran malawarebytes, hitman pro, adware cleaner, windows defender, rogue killer, spybot 2.4 and CCleaner. 
I have reset the user profile for chrome in windows following the instructions on Google.
I have uninstalled google chrome multiple times.
I have created completely new user profiles.
I have erased all extensions.
I have ran ip/config and ip/renew or ipconfig/flushdns which will fix it for a short while sometimes.
I have done all these items multiple times throughout the past few weeks.
It will start working fine after uninstalling, restarting, clearing history, or running scans but after a few hours the same problem starts again with YouTube and moves down the line from there. 
This same problem started on my laptop at home last week. I posted pretty much everything above in the Chrome Forums and did everything they suggested. https://productforums.google.com/forum/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer#!msg/chrome/DAOcN0MxJGM/KI3vwmeivGAJ
They told me to report bug to Google and this is where that went. https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=408235
They told me to contact ISP which I did, but it is not happening on other devices or computers at work or home so they didn't feel it wan anything on their end. 
Any help would be so greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users