Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

website template or builder

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 webber131

webber131

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 PM

Posted 28 August 2014 - 06:42 PM

I need to create a 1 page website that is Not going to look very professional, which is fine.

The website could look like a page from word or notepad with a few lines of text on it. In the past i used godaddy's free website builder which gave me a template and then i put some text in. It took about 5 minutes to do the whole site. It was perfect.

I want to do the same thing but not use GD's website builder, which leads me to wonder if i need a free template.

QUESTION:

- if i am going to upload something to my hosting website's account, does the document have to be a template?

- assuming i need a template, i see there are many 'free' templates, but it seems like they all require you to host with them. I don't want to host with them. Is there an extremely basic template i can use where i just download it and am done - no strings attached??

***** what my entire website would look like:

ie: website name

offering a,b,c services...

for more info, contact xxx

THAT'S IT! But i need to put that text on something to upload to my hosting account that already exists with other websites/ hosting provider.

thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Martel

Martel

Drfixup Human Internet Solutions

• Members
  • 1,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 PM

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:06 PM

One way.

upload a webpage to your hosting provider

You can create a webpage with word or kompozer. There are plenty of free apps

Another way..

If you are going to be making lots of pages

Since you have a hosting account you may be able to install WordPress into a directory.

Shouldn't cost you anything.

Go to your hosting dashboard and nose around under applications.

looks like this wpdownload75.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users