Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Screen size locked

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Mikeneedhelp

Mikeneedhelp

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2014 - 12:19 PM

I bought a used cnc machine that came with a computer running windows 95. However I can't see everything on the software when it's open. Need to adjust pixel ratio but the module is locked in "Settings", "Desktop area". Manipulating the monitor by hand does not work. Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,683 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 AM

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:03 PM

Hello, and Welcome,

It may be that the driver needs to be updated. Right click My Computer > Properties/  Under the Device Manager tab what is listed under Display Adapter?

#3 Mikeneedhelp

Mikeneedhelp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:09 PM

Standard PCI Graphics Adapter (VGA)

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,683 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:15 PM

What is the make and model of the computer. Download Unknown Device Identifier. Run it on the computer. Does it give more info on the graphics card?

#5 Mikeneedhelp

Mikeneedhelp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:22 PM

CPU is Gateway 2000 and monitor is Dell E771p. No web access on this device (yet). I realize that it's old and only reasonable compatible, but it came with machine and proprietary software that would be very costly to reinstall. Thank you btw.

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,683 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:33 PM

You can download Device Identifier on another computer and run it on the gateway. If that is not possible, carefully open the side panel and look at the video card. There should be some identification on the card itself. Even a FCC identifier would help. Ground yourself on some bare metal  of the case before you do it and remove the power cord. Is there a model number besides Gateway 2000 on the back of the computer?

#7 Mikeneedhelp

Mikeneedhelp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:44 PM

Ok will have to download that later. Model number is P55C -200

#8 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,683 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:47 PM

I was also thinking that it is possible Windows is not recognizing the Monitor. You can download the E771p.exe driver here. Select Direct Download link. Run it on the Gateway and see if you can change resolution.

Edit: I found this. It states the video card is a STB Nitro. I am not sure you have the same but if it is, you should see it on the board.

Edited by JohnC_21, 28 August 2014 - 01:51 PM.

#9 Mikeneedhelp

Mikeneedhelp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:51 PM

Ok I will try that and let you know. Thanks very much

#10 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,683 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:03 PM

Another thing. When you look in the back, Is the video port part of the I/O plate in the back or is the video port in a expansion slot? If it said PCI, I am pretty sure you are using a separate video card and not one integrated on the motherboard.

Edited by JohnC_21, 28 August 2014 - 02:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users