Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pop-ups? Every day these are creating interference

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 JayJax

JayJax

• Members
  • 723 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 PM

Posted 28 August 2014 - 11:31 AM

Not sure if it is something with my Firefox settings (I've tried to see if I'm missing a setting or something) or what but everytime I'm on my Apple Computer I have stuff that pops up behind the screen I"m on so I don't always notice its up there but it interferes with my computer - slows it down.

And then today I keep getting a popup from CNET about an update for my Apple Computer and I don't know why.    CNET is really] overbearing - if I want any updates for my Apple I will get them from Apple and I resent CNET contuing to ANNOYINGLY keep insisting I install an UPDATE from them.

I'm really frustrated - is this due to my settings or have a acquired a bug.

I had a program (MacKeeper) downloaded to help with Apple Security but now its as much of a pain as whatever its supposed to prevent. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users