Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell Venue 11 Pro freezing up

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MSheridan

MSheridan

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:24 AM

I have two Dell venue 11 pro tablets. Specs are:

i5 processor

250gb HD

4gb RAM/ #2 has 8gb RAM

Windows 8.1 Pro

Both tablets have had performance issues from the start. With seemingly nothing being run on them, very light resource usage, the processor will peg itself.

When this happens, it happens every minute or so for about 20 seconds at a time. During these occurences the tablet is completely unusable.

I ran all windows updates, and all Dell recommended firmware updates including BIOS and chipset firmware. This had no effect on the issue.

I then reinstalled the OS on both tablets so each had a completely fresh build on them, and re-installed all the OS updates, and firmware updates. Still no resolution to the issue.

I have taken this up with Dell, who have been great in their response to this problem. One tablet was replaced outright, the 4gb RAM model. The 8gb RAM model had all of it's innards (MOBO, RAM, HD, etc.) replaced. Despite Dell's quick response though, both tablets are still experiencing this issue. I don't think it's environmentally related because I have multiple computers, mobile phones, and a surface pro on the network, all working fine.

I've run out of ideas on how to fix this. Any input is welcome and appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 itmonitor13

itmonitor13

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 AM

Posted 08 October 2014 - 06:51 AM

Hello Sheridan,

I had a similar issue, in my case it would freeze when using Gmail. I found a solution here http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/mobile-devices/f/4586/t/19565380 . Disable the Link Power Management on Intel Rapid Storage. It worked for me, no more freezes. I noticed also the Venue 11 Pro works faster now in all tasks, including opening MS Office documents, etc. Hope to have helped.

#3 MSheridan

MSheridan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 08 October 2014 - 07:10 AM

Hello Sheridan,

I had a similar issue, in my case it would freeze when using Gmail. I found a solution here http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/mobile-devices/f/4586/t/19565380 . Disable the Link Power Management on Intel Rapid Storage. It worked for me, no more freezes. I noticed also the Venue 11 Pro works faster now in all tasks, including opening MS Office documents, etc. Hope to have helped.

Thanks itmonitor13, I'll give this a shot and report back with the results. If this doesn't work, I'm going to try to have Dell refund the cost of these units since as of right now they are unusable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users