Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP Pavilion Gg4-1117dx Freezing problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mystic12

mystic12

• Members
  • 1,452 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 AM

Posted 28 August 2014 - 05:57 AM

This laptop running win7 was working fine, the kid deleted some file then it immediately it froze, after that he manually powered down then restarted, it went to the net then shortly after it froze again. Upon restarting it froze on the windows logo, after restarting it it froze again at the windows logo but this time the screen went black. Upon restarting this time it showed Startup repair as an option so I chose that and it gave the system restore option which I chose.

After it restarted and went back to windows, same deal as mentioned above but what was different this time, suspecting virus issue, installed Mbam but when mban was opening up looks like Avast blocked it and froze, this happened 2 times so after going through the system restore process again, this time I uninstalled Avast and the system restarted but got stuck on windows logo. Seems like this unit is going through the same processes in sequence? Any ideas guys?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 mystic12

mystic12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,452 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 AM

Posted 28 August 2014 - 07:49 AM

Please ignore, I did a factory image restore, thanks.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,858 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 AM

Posted 28 August 2014 - 11:10 AM

Thank you for letting us know your self-resolution :).

Happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users