Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Very Strange Freezing Problems+audio Driver Diffculty

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Diraru

Diraru

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 AM

Posted 05 June 2006 - 01:48 PM

Ok, this is my first time posting here so excuse me if i'm not technical enough.

I'm a computer gamer, especially the online stuff of course. I admit I play a bit too much but that never affected the computer before (unless I went way too overboard and it overheated.)

Well now, the computer completely locks up whenever I play any kind of game after a few minutes. As well as repeating whatever sound was playing rapidly causing a sort of buzzing sound. Sometimes it doesn't or it just restarts my computer. Iv'e done virus scans and spyware scans and found quite alot. I even used this site's startup program list to kill off spyware. (Yes, I followed the warnings and instructions to make sure I didn't erase any important things.)

I found quite alot of spyware, but removing it didn't help a bit. No viruses were detected, probly because I had done a full scan not too long ago.

Now many people have told me to update my audio and video drivers, I went and got the latest nvida drivers for my card but I couldn't find any for my audio card. I went to check what kind of card it was and got this stuff in DXdiag:

Emu10Kx Audio [df00]

Device ID: PCI\VEN_1102DEV_0002SUBSYS_80651102REV_0...(etc, it keeps going.)

Driver name: ctaud2k

I know it looks like creative labs, But I need specifics on what version and device I have to get drivers. I went to their site and its kinda confusing if you ask me. I found something about the whole "Emu" thing on their site but all I could find there was drivers for stuff like digital drums and keyboards.

Is there anything I can do to fix this problem and how exactly do I figure out the exact version of my audio card if that really is the problem?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users