Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems connecting to Google and Youtube

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 signofzeta

signofzeta

• Members
  • 420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 PM

Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:52 AM

I started a thread here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/546009/google-and-youtube-are-either-slow-or-wont-connect/

and I feel it is better to post it here, so if someone can move that thread here, that would be fine.

Here is the situation.

I am using firefox.  I seem to be unable to connect to Google and Youtube.  When I type in the address, or click on a link, or do a google and youtube search that leads to some google or youtube webpage, it does not go to that webpage 100% of the time.  As I described in the link.  It either takes a long time to get to the page, or it tries to connect, but it stops connecting and I am still in the same page I was visiting before.

Other web pages seem to work, but this slowness happens only to Google and Youtube.  Videos, not necessarily youtube videos, seem to be loading slower than usual as well, but not by much.

Is Google and Youtube having problems themselves, or is it just me?

I've restarted my computer, reinstalled adobe flash, as I thought it caused the problem, and deleted Google and Youtube related cookies, and nothing worked.

Do you have any ideas as to why only Google sites and Youtube sites are slow, while the other sites aren't?

Edited by signofzeta, 28 August 2014 - 02:54 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 etihadsupper

etihadsupper

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 PM

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:08 AM

Yep, I, too, cannot access YouTube Web Server from my phone and the YouTube application installed by the manufacturer has mysteriously disappeared. Perhaps you should use a better browser. I recommend Opera. When I first got my SE W595, the first thing I did was install Opera Mini, which I use more because it's faster and has more advanced features, such as accessing the full web. I can manage my YouTube channel properly with Opera. I can view videos on the YouTube Web Server, although I've yet to work out how to upload more of my videos from my phone.

#3 signofzeta

signofzeta
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 PM

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:18 AM

The problem is that this happened a few days ago, but it was fine before that, and I don't think it is the fault of the browser.  It sometimes connects fine, and it sometimes doesn't connect at all.

All I am really asking is if this slow Google and Youtube connection is from my end or from their end, and if it is from my end, how I could fix it without switching browsers.

Edited by signofzeta, 28 August 2014 - 03:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users