Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google and youtube are either slow or won't connect.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 signofzeta

signofzeta

• Members
  • 420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 AM

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:31 AM

Ok here's the situation.

About a few days ago, I seem to be having trouble with google and youtube when it comes to connecting to those websites.  I am using firefox.   Firefox has these tabs on the top.  When I click on a link in google or youtube, it would normally show a grey circle and connecting... right beside it.  The grey circle becomes a bluish green one, and then the page loads.  Not this time.  Instead, after saying connecting... the page stays the same as the previous one.  Youtube videos would take a long time to load up while before it didn't seem to have the problem.  This only happens when I click on a google or youtube search result link, or try to type in something within google search or youtube search, and tell it to search.

Does anyone here seem to have the same problem where other websites are fine, except for google and youtube?

I also have a suspicion that Flash may be the cause, but I don't really know since I also recently updated flash a few days ago.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 ElfBane

ElfBane

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 PM

Posted 28 August 2014 - 05:39 AM

Use Chrome and see how Google/YouTube run. If they run fine in Chrome then you may have missed a Firefox update, or need a more recent add-on.

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 AM

Posted 28 August 2014 - 06:03 AM

Hi -

These problems exist with an Add-on browser (Firefox). I could put up any other Add-on like "Avant browser".

Use Chrome and see how Google/YouTube run. If they run fine in Chrome then you may have missed a Firefox update, or need a more recent add-on.

Why not try checking Windows updates and use Internet Explorer rather than use another Add-on browser ??

Just an idea -

#4 signofzeta

signofzeta
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 AM

Posted 28 August 2014 - 06:11 PM

Google and Youtube seem to work now.  For some reason it was slow for the past couple of days.

My brother was uploading stuff to onedrive, which is why my internet was slow but I don't know why both Google and Youtube was affected the most.  It isn't like he is using Google Drive or something.

Whatever.  both Google and Youtube is back to it's one second load up time now.

Edited by signofzeta, 28 August 2014 - 06:16 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users