Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Acer laptop unable to boot, unable to use safemode

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 eilu

eilu

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 PM

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:45 PM

When I try to start my laptop the 'Acer' logo flashes with 'press f2 to enter setup, f12 to change boot device, then to a black screen with a flashing cursor but unable to type, then screen turns off and it just repeats over and over. I'm unable to start in safe mode. I don't have the original Windows disc and no access to another computer, at this stage. I have a wireless keyboard and when I plug in the dongle am able to use it. 

If I press f2 then I'm able to access 'Phoenix Securecore Tiano Setup' with tabs for Information, Main, Security, Boot and Exit.

Before the laptop refused to start it was having an error about not being able to write to drive. I ran two programs, one anti malware and the other I think was Glary. I was able to start both in normal and safe mode at this stage.

Anyone have any ideas how to fix this? Dumbed down advice would be great! 

Acer Aspire 4752

Windows 7

Intel Core i3-2350m cpu @ 2.30ghz

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,236 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 PM

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:10 AM

It sounds like your HDD is broken.

Sorry, it really sounds that way.

Ultimate Boot CD has a range of tools that will help you confirm this. (look in the HDD Diagnosis section on the list)

Burn the disk and boot it, run the tool you choose...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users