Tried doing a search and noticed that the instant search in Oulook 2010 has stoped working. Tried this fix below, however it did not work. The rebuild finished in less then half an hour, which is unusual because I ran this on my computer and it took most of the day. Questioning if the computer experincing the issue has cache mode turned on or if their mailbox size is too big. The size of the mailbox is more than 10GB. The email account is an MS Exchange account, so I wonder if it could be an issue on the server.
1. In Control Panel go to Programs and Features.
2. On the left pane click on Turn the Windows features ON or OFF
3. Look for Windows Search and remove the check mark . Windows will make some changes (configures features) and then ask for a reboot
4. After restart open Outlook . You will notice that Windows will reconfigure Office. Try some search terms in Outlook. It will complain that Search function is not working, which is correct because it was just deleted
5. In Control Panel go to Programs (note that you cannot search Control Panel for Programs and Features !) and click on Turn Windows Features on or off
6. Turn ON (select) Windows Search, wait for Windows to put Search function back on and then reboot . Wait for Windows to reconfigure your computer
7. Go to Control Panel then Indexing Services (or Indexing Options)
8. Click on Advanced and then beside Delete and Rebuild index click on Rebuild. It might take a long while, period during which the search results are only partial
9. Open Outlook (will be again reconfigured) and try a new search when the re-indexing is complete