Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

NVIDIA GTX 675M being read as Microsoft Basic Display Adapter

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JaySaenz29

JaySaenz29

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 PM

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:42 PM

Hello, 

I recently bought a GTX 675M to replace my old one which was a GTX 675M as well, I checked on GPU-Z and it shows the following in the attached file, I've tried re-installing windows to no avail, I also tried doing DDU from safe boot also tried modding my Driver Files which I probably did wrong I also tried updating from the device manager. Right now I'm going to try it on windows 7 Home premium but before I do that I want to get more input. 

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rockysosua

rockysosua

• Members
  • 772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 PM

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:45 PM

I might not be getting the picture right, but if the Nvidia driver shows in the device manager, it wouldn't matter much what CPUID calls it.

OTOH, if you just have a generic driver installed, then by all means, that needs to be fixed.

All is well in Paradise.

#3 JaySaenz29

JaySaenz29
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:28 PM

I might not be getting the picture right, but if the Nvidia driver shows in the device manager, it wouldn't matter much what CPUID calls it.

OTOH, if you just have a generic driver installed, then by all means, that needs to be fixed.

It reads it as a generic, I can't actually use it at all this is what it gives me in device manager 

Attached Files

#4 rockysosua

rockysosua

• Members
  • 772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 PM

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:21 PM

I'm guessing that this means you have tried to install the drivers for your card and you either can't run the program or they simply don't work?

All is well in Paradise.

#5 JaySaenz29

JaySaenz29
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:41 PM

I'm guessing that this means you have tried to install the drivers for your card and you either can't run the program or they simply don't work?

Yes I have it says that the driver couldn't find compatible hardware for the update It doesn't let me update because it says its already up to date but it's not

#6 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 AM

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:30 PM

See Videocard Benchmarks and read, yours is at (or near) the ?? bottom.

This would make GeForce GTX 675M about "Generic".

Thanks -

EDIT -

Download Nothing from the linked site, it is just for reading information.

Edited by noknojon, 28 August 2014 - 07:57 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users